Control on the street?

Sep 1, 2007
I only ever do it whenever there's a convenient bench around. And I only ever do it as a finale for a group that's been especially receptive and good-natured.

Sep 1, 2007
Like I said, convenient seating. I go completely rag-doll during the effect, so I need to be in a believable position and standing just doesn't cut it.

I don't really think you should do it on the street

I don't think Control is really a street kind of magic.
1. It requires a comfortable sitting and arrangement.
2. It's best to do with a group, so the whole group can see you "die" and talk about it later.
3. Most importantly, on the street you can probably do only one magic at a time, and Control usually works best when you build up to it, when you perform a dosen or so amazing tricks, and just when they think they've seen it all, you bring them something completely different.

You can see Wayne performing Control in the DVD, not on the street, but in a similar environment, and the impact is way less exciting than his performance in the christmas party at the beginning of the DVD.

Sep 28, 2007
Being that it requires nothing but an audience, i think Control is great anywhere you have spectators.

Granted some environments may be better than others, but it's definitely worth learning.

No gimmicks, No pre Show!

Sep 1, 2007
Not a chance in hell.

As I said, I go completely rag-doll as part of the performance. If I were standing, that would mean having to fall, and I think that would just a little too much for the audience to handle.

Besdies, I'm not interested in bruising the hell out of myself every time I perform Control.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results