Controlling the chosen card to the top.

Jul 19, 2008
daryl's encyclopedia of sleights vol. 2 or 3 are cool, not quite sure which one teaches about the crimp, i think using it is one of the great ways to just cut straight to the card you want to be controlled even after a spectator shuffled the deck (pretty neat eh?). Plus learning the up the ladder cut and the controlled strip shuffle is also great for tablework. Oh and btw, the up the ladder cut could be used to control a single or multiple cards from the top the the bottom and vice versa aside from being an eye candy.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
One of my favorites is the Fan Control by Joel Paschall. It's simple, very fair looking, and convincing as heck. Apart from that, I'll use the Marlo Tilt, Double Lift, Classic Pass, or the Backstage Pass (my favorite pass).

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
Many ways of getting a card to the bottom or top.
-Double undercut is good
-Pass is also good
-Cherry control is unpractical
-I am a fan of the fan control, because the spectator can shuffle the cards
-My favourite method is to hold a break and shuffle to the top. Either that or use a glimpse.

Just read up on more books and you should be on your way to producing some jaw dropping magic.

the cherry control looks great when done well and is extremely convincing that you are not holding the position of the card. That being said, while practical, there are much easier ways to go, but this looks so good if you do it right

It may not be the best for a beginner but the Cascade Control from DanandDave's OnDemand section is amazing.

Also, once you gain more experience (or if you are willing to practice your butt off) I highly reccomend "By Forces Unseen". It has lots of good sleights, and some good controls.

One of my favorites is from the book, the bow to stern control

This is my performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkPkEdE3Neg

-Dan

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
Get comfortable with the pass now. Since it will take a long time to get down, there's no reason why you can't just practice getting the finger actions down pat. No-ones telling you to go out and do it. But I don't see the point in encouraging you NOT to learn it. Is it difficult? Yes. Does it take ages to learn properly? Yes. Can you practice other methods of getting a card to the top beside the pass? Yes. Start now friend, you won't regret it!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results