Cookie Cutter By Dan Sperry 1-on-1

Ok guys, well seeing as nobody else has done it, I shall step forward.

Here is my review of Dan Sperry's Cookie Cutter. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYqgYZ8-gxY my Epic fail performance...)

Ok, when I saw the preview for this, I could not help but laugh when Dan first stuffed an Oreo into his mouth. After I finished watching the preview, like most of us, not all, I told myself this is going my list. Now I haven't brought a piece of magic for quiet some time now, and I thought it was about time. So today I invested in the Cookie Cutter....

Righto lets get into the review.

Award winning performer and creator Dan Sperry presents his delicious take on the classic Russian Roulette routine. A razor blade is placed in one of four Oreo cookies chosen by a spectator. With your back turned, the cookies are mixed, and in a twisted display of clairvoyance you are able to accurately determine which cookie the blade resides in.

What you will need:

Oreos and ANY object you want to stick in them.

Method:

So the method for this is surprisingly easy, I'm sure most of you here will have no trouble performing this effect. Having said that seeing as you are dealing with sharp objects that could go near/into your mouth, you WILL practise this effect. I'm sure nobody here wants a cut mouth.

Impromptu-ness:
Basically, if you have Oreos and your object your going to stick in, your good to go. You can even do it with a borrowed Oreo.

Closing Remark:

Thats pretty much it, not much to it really. I will be performing this on Tuesday and I shall film and post it up. Awesome effect overall, I enjoyed it, I will perform this. And obviously I accept no responsibility for anyone who performs this and gets hurt.

Any questions, ask away.

Cheers, Tom

Here's a Question that someone asked me, I'm sure everyone could benefit;

stevethemagicguy said:
Hi I was thinking of buying cookie cutter my only question is do you find it because the razor sticks out in the demo it looked like the razor blade was slightly sticking out and if so please let me know because in the demo Katie mixed them up and if its sticking out I don't want them to cut there hand thanks

You can use anything that fits inside an Oreo, Dan suggested in the video if your not comfortable with Razors you can use something like a paper clip or coin. And the object is pushed all the way in, so you dont see the edges of the object sticking out.

Cheers, Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Might I just add, just as a general tip, that the easy method just means anyone performing this has to work strongly on presentation. Easy method does not mean easy effect, and if you want to make the most of this "dangerous" effect, you'll have to work at it. If you don't have strong presentational skills, this effect will flunk in any show - either it will just fail to gain interest, or it won't be magical at all.

Might I just add, just as a general tip, that the easy method just means anyone performing this has to work strongly on presentation. Easy method does not mean easy effect, and if you want to make the most of this "dangerous" effect, you'll have to work at it. If you don't have strong presentational skills, this effect will flunk in any show - either it will just fail to gain interest, or it won't be magical at all.

Yep I would Hi5 that, I was about to add that in.

Cheers, Tom

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
not exactly
there are tricks where even the most greatest of presentations will not overcome.

and they would not sell an effect that's that god awful.
Can you figure out the method from the video? Is it obvious to you?
If you have ample presentation, you will be just fine.

Ok, I Performed this tonight, and EPIC FAILED, I gave my friend of unopened box of Oreos asked her to open them and out of 24 of them 3 weren't broken. So that was rather annoying, and when I did have one unbroken cookie, I tried to stick the blade in and it broke. Gah!

The performance was still funny, I was really worried about performing it, it all got recorded so a video will be up shortly.

Cheers, Tom

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results