Cookie Cutter By Dan Sperry 1-on-1

wow that's too bad they all broke, good first go though man - we've all been there - try handeling the cookies more carefully, dont' slam the box around and don't let her pour them out like that this may have caused the cookies to break. I'd recommend maybe opening the box ahead of time thru the bottom and checkign the cookies and loading the ones you want back in first and sealing the bottom with rubber cement or glue just to give the illusion its a sealed box - having a sealed box of oreos though isn't necessary you could even pull 4 our of a plastic sanwich bag out of a ghostbusters lunch box if you like...

wow that's too bad they all broke, good first go though man - we've all been there - try handeling the cookies more carefully, dont' slam the box around and don't let her pour them out like that this may have caused the cookies to break. I'd recommend maybe opening the box ahead of time thru the bottom and checkign the cookies and loading the ones you want back in first and sealing the bottom with rubber cement or glue just to give the illusion its a sealed box - having a sealed box of oreos though isn't necessary you could even pull 4 our of a plastic sanwich bag out of a ghostbusters lunch box if you like...

Yeah, I was thinking about just getting the cookies out before hand and doing it, but it was a room full of magician about 3 lay people so wanted to show it wasn't "set up". But yeah, next time round I'll probably have the cookies out and ready or at least check them all first.

Still it was lots of fun and we all had a good laugh which I suppose, when it all comes down to it is the main thing.

Cheers, Tom

May 4, 2009
I haven't watched the video yet. I have a few ideas how it can be done. I do love Dan Sperry's acting in the video of the trick. His acting is what really makes the trick.

Another thing I though of is this would be really dramatic if you were blindfolded. I can see people speculating that the magician can tell which cookie has the razor blade because it looks different.

However Dan Sperry's acting and fast speed compensates for this.

Another twist would be to load blood packets in your mouth and pretend like it was a failed trick, lol. Then with a shocked look open the finnal cookie to show it empty. The Amazing Jonathan already does a gag like that. He has a spectator place razor blades gently into his mouth and as she's doing it his mouth starts bleeding profusely. lol

I haven't watched the video yet. I have a few ideas how it can be done. I do love Dan Sperry's acting in the video of the trick. His acting is what really makes the trick.

Another thing I though of is this would be really dramatic if you were blindfolded. I can see people speculating that the magician can tell which cookie has the razor blade because it looks different.

However Dan Sperry's acting and fast speed compensates for this.

Another twist would be to load blood packets in your mouth and pretend like it was a failed trick, lol. Then with a shocked look open the finnal cookie to show it empty. The Amazing Jonathan already does a gag like that. He has a spectator place razor blades gently into his mouth and as she's doing it his mouth starts bleeding profusely. lol

That's not a bad idea actually...you could load a fake tongue in your mouth, have the blood come out and fish in like the razor blade is in there but instead pull out a chunk of tongue, like you bit your tongue off, then open the one remaining oreo and ta'da...

Just an update on this trick, the past two shows I've anticipated performing this in, the oreos have been less than acceptable. If anybody wishes to perform this trick I suggest:

1) go with something different in the oreos because they're not made like they used to be, they have gotten smaller and double stuff are getting hard to find.

2) change the cookie, I've used it with like keebler cookies or newton style cookies, you still get the same effect...

good luck!
dan

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
I did this effect at my regular performance on campus. It absolutely stunned the audience. Very powerful stuff. I had slight comedy but every time i scarfed a cookie i would take a few bites and go "i think we're good" and i would do a thumbs up.

I used a opened box of oereos and made a joke out of it. I said "i have a package of oreos... they are opened- i got a little hungry on the way over here i didnt get this way by mistake."

It just worked in the moment. Awesome effect thanks for this gift.

Oct 11, 2012
Bremen/Germany
BTW, is that stuff safe? I mean like really safe, idiot-proof? I hesitate a bit to purchase 'cause I'm a real idiot and I don't wanna end up with a razor blade in my mouth ;) !

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results