Counterfeit Questions

Oct 23, 2014
I've had my eye on Counterfeit for a long time, and I recently watched several performance videos some people have posted on YouTube, to see it in realtime and decide if it would be a good fit for me. The performances were pretty dismal, and maybe that's the issue, but they definitely raised a couple concerns for me that I would love to talk over with someone who owns the trick and performs it at least occasionally.

I don't want to talk publicly, as I don't want to tip any secrets. If you're willing to help me out with my questions, let me know and we'll start a DM!

And to be clear, I'm not fishing for a method--just have some concerns about what I've seen from performances.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Kenneth:

I picked this up when I saw Wayne lecture a couple of years back (it was called Counterfeit Hollingsworth back then). I haven't watched the DVD in a while, but would be glad to take a look at it again and answer your questions.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
I've had my eye on Counterfeit for a long time, and I recently watched several performance videos some people have posted on YouTube, to see it in realtime and decide if it would be a good fit for me. The performances were pretty dismal, and maybe that's the issue, but they definitely raised a couple concerns for me that I would love to talk over with someone who owns the trick and performs it at least occasionally.

I don't want to talk publicly, as I don't want to tip any secrets. If you're willing to help me out with my questions, let me know and we'll start a DM!

And to be clear, I'm not fishing for a method--just have some concerns about what I've seen from performances.

Hit up out support team at theory11.com/support and they can walk you through any questions you have!

// L

The performances were pretty dismal, and maybe that's the issue, but they definitely raised a couple concerns for me that I would love to talk over with someone who owns the trick and performs it at least occasionally.
I'm hoping to have a review of Counterfeit up soon with live performances. Not saying my performance will be any better or change your opinion, but I'll try to go pretty in depth about it.

I will say this though. Counterfeit is one of my favorite card torn into four pieces and restored effects if not my favorite. One of the pros to this effect is that both sides of the card and pieces can be shown completely before the restoration. You can also restore it piece by piece as fast or as slow as you want. You can even hand a piece of it to your spectator to hold as your restoring the card. The cons is that the method that you think you might not like (I'm assuming your guess is right) is part of the routine. Also it can not be a signed card but laymen truly don't care about that if you think about it. The card at the end can immediately be given out for examination though.

Overall, I really recommend it. I performed it in my birthday party routines as well as street magic routines and have had a lot of fun performing it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results