Criss Angel Believe :: The Reviews Are In

Sep 1, 2007
You know that Blaine would put on a better show than Angel. I mean, if Blaine were doing a stage show, it would be so badass. I'd bet there would be a lot of Houdini-esque escapes and some crazy-vintage illusions. Stuff that would really make one question reality.

But I think Blaine is best on the street. He belongs among the people.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
You know that Blaine would put on a better show than Angel. I mean, if Blaine were doing a stage show, it would be so badass. I'd bet there would be a lot of Houdini-esque escapes and some crazy-vintage illusions. Stuff that would really make one question reality.

But I think Blaine is best on the street. He belongs among the people.

Funny you say this... There is a myth or legend out there that David Blaine pitched a Cirque idea before Criss Angel or something like that.

But that is all I know about it.. It is a myth...

KE

Jan 13, 2008
Funny you say this... There is a myth or legend out there that David Blaine pitched a Cirque idea before Criss Angel or something like that.

But that is all I know about it.. It is a myth...

KE
If that myth is reality, I'm betting Cirque wishes they went with Blaine now. :p

Sep 1, 2007
If that myth is reality, I'm betting Cirque wishes they went with Blaine now. :p

Blaine has the background to be able to do something like this. If you read his book, you can see his extensive knowledge on classic magic. His show (I reiterate) would be so badass.

baller08

Banned
Sep 21, 2008
David Copperfield for life. David Blaine second and .... that's it.

Being new here, I've read quite a few threads on people bashing on Criss Angel. On the surface, it seems that a lot of it stems from jealousy because he's made it so big and many think his talent isn't up to par. I think that if nothing else he is extremely creative and he has worked very hard to get to where he is....objectively you have to give him that. I have no problems with him at all.

The reason why he will never be at the level of David Copperfield is that Angel is about achieving fame; whether that be through singing, acting, or magic...he just wanted to be famous. Copperfield, you can tell, truly loves the art of magic. He has dedicated his life to the art and it shows in all his performances. That is why Copperfield's live shows have broken records all over the world and Angel's first show is about over indulgence. The show reflects his personality.

Being new here, I've read quite a few threads on people bashing on Criss Angel. On the surface, it seems that a lot of it stems from jealousy because he's made it so big and many think his talent isn't up to par. I think that if nothing else he is extremely creative and he has worked very hard to get to where he is....objectively you have to give him that. I have no problems with him at all.

Oh cmon.... creative? no way.... if you count camera tricks and stunt men as creative then he would be in the record books, but he hasn't made ONE contribution to magic is a magicians view. I really can't think of a SINGLE effect that hasn't been made by other magicians and that Criss uses...

Why would we be Jealous? Personally I really don't find it at ALL amazing if a person wants to lie on a bed of nails and get run over by a car at the same time... It is just stupid IMO....If I had to be jealous of ANY magician in the world at the minute.. it would easily be Copperfield or a professional who works at corporate parties. It really does give you satisfaction that you used sleights over other objects ( camera) to achieve your effect.

What I am basically stating is that a 100% clean effect ( as in no bs going on with camera or doubles) is much better and because of Criss' lack of these effects, a failed performace was bound to occur.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com

The reason why he will never be at the level of David Copperfield is that Angel is about achieving fame; whether that be through singing, acting, or magic...he just wanted to be famous. Copperfield, you can tell, truly loves the art of magic. He has dedicated his life to the art and it shows in all his performances. That is why Copperfield's live shows have broken records all over the world and Angel's first show is about over indulgence. The show reflects his personality.

This thread was not meant to bash anyone.

It was just the review of his much awaited debut... Which a critic who is very entertainment savvy printed. It's not just on the LVRJ; publications such as the LA Times and gossip sites as perezhilton.com have basically the same thing to say about the show thus far.

KE

baller08

Banned
Sep 21, 2008
This thread was not meant to bash anyone.

It was just the review of his much awaited debut... Which a critic who is very entertainment savvy printed. It's not just on the LVRJ; publications such as the LA Times and gossip sites as perezhilton.com have basically the same thing to say about the show thus far.

KE

I didn't say this thread bashed him...just that I've read a few that has. I'm actually not surprised his show isn't good, although I am surprised it is THAT bad. It sounds so bad its almost comical.

My point was that he is never going to be receive the acclaim that David Copperfield has gotten because he focuses more on being famous than giving to the art of magic.

Is it me or are people around here kind of sensitive?

Sep 20, 2008
Lol. was angel's show similar to that gore-oriented magician on Britain's got talent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPBnpsHN4_4

=]

P.s. Not bashing or anything, but i prefer Artists that have contributed to magic rather than Criss. Least blaine Does some advertising as well for the effects (such as danny's fraud, Compression etc)

Just a personal preference.

I think watching Andrei Flourish would be a better show though. watching his video can amuse me for over an hour. Yes, the same goddamn videos he's got on youtube. lol

baller08

Banned
Sep 21, 2008
I'm a bit disappointed, actually. I really wanted to fly on over to see it.

Look on the bright side....you just saved yourself a lot of time! But Vegas is always an awesome place to hang out for a few days. Go see Mystique. The show in Vegas...no DM's DVD. HAHA..kidding. No really...both are a terrific piece of work.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results