Criss Angel?

May 17, 2008
Ok I know Criss angel is the most hated magician in magic but other then the fact that he use's camera tricks why do we hate him so much. He has advamced magic so much. There are so many peaple that watch his show because they love magic and he is the only one providing entertainment other then david blain, but he only has magc on TV ocasionaly. Maby it is because he is the only one getting the Fame and Fortune?

I got started in magic because of Criss angel after this last season I hate him more then eaver ,I refuse to eaven watch it.So Theory11 What are your thoughts on Criss angel why do you hatehim so much and ffor those who like him why?Explain?

Now for any of you peaple who are going to post a link to other pages witch have this question unlike you guys I am not going to serch bake 5 weeks to try and find the info I would like. So if you would like to say something nasty dont just keep it inside ok=)

Thanks,

Indiana.C

Oct 24, 2008
Savannah, GA
A lot of people hate him simply because it's the popular thing to do. Some are saying they hate him just because everyone else is, and they don't want to have a dissenting opinion. Some have valid reasons - his attitude, his methods of performance, his jumping the shark as far as magic goes - and some have more obscure reasons, whatever they are.

Then, some people confuse "him" for "his show". His show has arguably gone down in quality due to material that stretches the line between acting and believability. I haven't watched it in years simply because it got less entertaining.

Personally, I don't mind him either way. He's never hurt me or my performance, so, more power to him. What he does on his own show is his business, and doesn't hurt me in the slightest.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
i dislike him, mainly because big stunts dont appeal to me.
I dont most of the relate to magic, their just physical stunts.
I used to like david blaine, until he started all the stunts.

angel hanging by hooks from a helicopter doesnt seem like magic, just stunt.

and i dont like the fact most of his stuff is camera tricks,
but thats just me

Jan 13, 2008
First of all, searching takes a few minutes at worst, as can be seen by the three links provided above. Second, please spell check your posts--your first post was full of grammatical and spelling errors.

Third, I dislike Criss Angel's attitude and ego. Just because you have fame and fortune, that does not mean you have to flaunt it like you're God's gift to everyone. Aside from that, I dislike the stunts on his TV show (I would call them "effects", but that's using the word in an inappropriate way, in my opinion). I would consider what he does on television to be more "acting" than I would "performing magical effects," given how they are accomplished.

Also, please don't confuse my dislike for his show with my dislike for him as a person--they both exist for different reasons, as I've pointed out. :)

Sep 10, 2007
Well Criss dishes it out too. He's criticized Blaine quite a few times and hasn't been shy in pointing out that he thinks that he's the better performer.

But if you're asking me, I have nothing personal against Criss. In fact when he's himself he seems like a very likeable guy. When I've listened to him in interviews he comes across as a pretty cool dude.

I do, however, think his show sucks (IMHO of course). I used to watch it but quickly grew weary of it. The reason I lost interest is because I felt the illusions were becoming more and more lame. If you watch the show you probably know what I mean. Sometimes you just can't help but roll your eyes at some of the stuff they do. It's like they ran out of good ideas long ago, especially in the later seasons. Also, the show just feels very scripted at times, yet they always insist that it's not (much like MTV). His people also always insist that Criss never uses any stooges or camera tricks. But I mean come on, the audience isn't dumb...atleast not all of us. "Never"?!? Are you sure??? Please...

But hey, it's understandable to a certain extent. I mean it's not easy to constantly come up with good material for a show that airs regulalry like Mindfreak. Also, the last point I made is also understandable to an extent because they are putting on a TV show and they are just utilizing all the resources available to them in order to accomplish what they are trying to do.

So, nothing personal against Criss. Just not a fan of his show.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

He steals from other magicians. He makes magic into a joke. He uses both camera tricks and editing. Due to his camera editing, its impossible to recreate miracles anywhere close and magicians get compared to him CONSTANTLY.

Watch an episode from the most recent season of Mindfreak. Then watch an episode from the first. Count how many magicians were in both the first and last season. Tell me your result.

I heard some Criss stories I'm not sure I'm allowed to say. However, the guy is an egotistical jerk. His show is slipping and he will soon be off the air.

As for fame and fortune... Look at David Blaine. You don't see people ripping on him. Why? Blaine is actually a good respectable magician.

Criss? He's not a magician.

Many magicians work their butts off all their life studying the art and mastering it only to be compared to this clown. I hope he gets off the air sooner than later. However, from what I know of Criss, it won't be very long.

-Doug

Oct 19, 2007
he's also made false claims.................... "This has taken me many many years to achieve" and in my head im saying bulls**t

but if anything he has gained my respect because he's been able to take care of his family becuase of his tv series. Second he's made the magic communittie bigger and has entertained many people. Third he's also something new.... I like his style and his ability to connect to people even through a tv! If anyone can tell me "I have never once heard someone around me talk about criss angel" I would say bulls**t:eek:

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
The major reason I really don't like Criss is that he is only a showman, and doesn''t really do his own magic.

Think about those people you see in the interviews, Banachek for one! I just had a long long talk yesterday with Banachek after his show here in NY I talked about Criss angel, and noticed that many of his tricks were not his own. it's one thing to have consultants that come up with tricks for you to do, but to only show 5-6 tricks in one episode, and then having most of them be other peoples....,I just don't have that much respect for people who don't create their own magic.

IMO, it's like an actor using other actors characters/voices in a movie, or a movie strickly made of memorable quotes from other movies.

I just don't enjoy how he tries to fool people into thinking it's 100% real things he's doing.

He is a great preformer and showman, but I don't feel like he's really helped magic, revealing magic on his show[This can go two ways of course!], making all people want to see you levitate.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
His show is getting so ridiculous that even laymen hate him.
They even know it's all camera trickery.

If I have to hear about how his body, mind, and spirit combine 1 more time, I'm gonna buy tickets to his show to take a bat to his face.

"This one's for Banachek"
*Bam

Sirtaco

Elite Member
Oct 8, 2008
www.tacospokerknights.com
When Criss first came out I was a fan and watch his show every week. Then he started doing the stunts, the only stunts that I though was good enough to air on TV was the one when he was hanging by hooks then flew around by helicopter jamming out to Korn. I can do without the stunts I want to see magic.

What got to me with Criss was the episode when he held up the Hummer; Criss said, “Pain is a good thing it lets you know you are alive”. The wife and I were watching this episode together that day and that comment he said pissed both of us off, because my wife has lupus and she is in pain every day of her live. Back when this aired his website had a forum just like this one, they even had a “Ask Criss” section so I went there to ask him if he would say the same thing to someone that suffers with chronic pain every day. Within a minute after I hit the “post” button it got deleted, I was like WTF? So I posted it again with another deletions, I did this for few weeks with the same results and no answer to my question. Now days if you wanted to post something in his forums prepare to pay $100 and your questions you have for him not answered or deleted.

Criss as a magician is ok he isn’t the best, we all know TV magicians will use cam tricks and stooges, but as a person I have no respect for him now a days I think his success feeds his huge ego which made him forget what help him to be so successful his FANS.

Taco

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 13, 2008
People are just jealous of him. They think they do magic better than angel but angel gets all the money, girls, shows, etc.
Yes, Angel definitely has an awesome agent to get him all of that...although, that's not saying much about Criss himself. :rolleyes:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results