Crunk by d+M

May 18, 2008
If you know me, you know I am a huge Daniel Madison fan. If you know what a true fan is, you know that a true fan of something wants a complete collection. In my strive to own all of what Daniel has to offer, I picked up Crunk.

So, here is the review for Crunk://

64661688.jpg

What dem' funkeh' T11 dudes be sprayin':

Crunk is a fast, deceptive, sandwich effect. A card is freely selected, remembered, and lost in the deck. You then produce 2 aces within a flourish. You hold the edges of the aces and pull them out - instantly they have trapped one card... the selection.

Which is true.

First Thoughts://

I first saw this download and thought, "I have a good grasp of basic flourishing and a basic grasp of d+M's style, so I should be good at this." Well, it will definitly take me some time to get down, but this is one of those fun little tricks that works well for a lot of things.

Download://

The download itself is in rather high quality (I want to say 720p HD, but am not sure) however the audio doesn't quite match the video in terms of quality. The audio is understandable by all means, however isn't what we are used to (or were used too) from T11 back then.

So, good quality, and easy to learn from, but for any of you spoiled to HD (as I am), this might be a SLEIGHT (haha, pun... :eek:) problem for you.

Teaching://

Daniel teaches it as if he is almost in a hurry to get somewhere and had to film this RIGHT before running off into the distance. Regardless of this fact, it was still well taught and he goes over everything (finger placement, amount of cards, yadayada) multiple times.

Running Time://

This download runs for a little over 8 minutes which is PLENTY of time to learn this. It has far fewer steps than you might think.

Difficulty://

I am having a kinda hard time picking this up, but just because a few of the moves are rather knacky. Someone who is REALLY good at flourishing will have NO problems at all with this one. However, a begginer might want to check this out as a start to flourishing. It would be hard, but by no means impossible.

Set-Up://

I would go out on a limb here and say it is impromptu. You don't have to use the two red aces, and the set-up (if you call it that) is so minimalist that if you can move a single card more than 1 inch, you can do the set-up.

Price://

I feel this download was rather reasonable priced at what it is. Teaches you some sweet moves and definitly gives you something to work on.

Overall://

Reasonably priced, pretty good quality, Daniel Madison... What more can you ask for? :p

It's a good download, if you are into that sort-of thing. I would say a biggener could learn this in a week, wheras it might take an intermediate flourisher/magician maybe 4 hours.

I reccomend it.

May 18, 2008
when are you going to make the armstrong card magic review

Man, I COMPLETELY forgot after my computer had some problems and deleted what I had done of it...

I will start working on that again... I am SO sorry for the delays!

In the meantime, you should buy it. It is one of the best DVD sets I own. Seriously.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I really don´t like crunk, it´s confusing

when I see it in the demo, I must say that there are a lot of movements and it gets confusing...and a spectator will think that obviously you doing something fishy (the whole trick is chessy)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results