Custom Deck

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
I'll be creating my own custom deck over the next couple months.

This is the final design that was decided. I just wanted to share it with everyone.

Attachments

• Fulldeck.jpg
    Fulldeck.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 477
Jan 13, 2008
Looks very...flowery. Neat.

Question: Is there a pink outline around it, a pink gradient, a pink tinge to the whole of the design, or are my eyes just playing tricks on me? o_O

Jan 13, 2008
I wanted a nice flower type of design.

It's a blood red tint that ended up a little lighter. It's not just your eyes. :p
I actually like the pink looking colour over what was almost a darker blood red...it fits the flowery look. :)

I wonder how that'll actually print, though.

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
Me too - I'm curious. They're going to send me proofs of the cards before I actually get them in print. Thankfully they know I wont pay money for something that doesn't fit what I'm looking for.

Jan 13, 2008
Me too - I'm curious. They're going to send me proofs of the cards before I actually get them in print. Thankfully they know I wont pay money for something that doesn't fit what I'm looking for.
Ahh, that's excellent then. Do keep up informed. :)

Just curious, are you getting it done by Bicycle (seems to be the common route), or through another company? I'm interested to hear about what else is out there. :)

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
I've emailed several companies and for the time being only 1 has gotten back to me on it, Bicycle hasn't contacted me yet.

The company is....http://www.customizedplayingcards.com/

The website makes me rather iffy about them but after talking with them. It seems pretty solid.

@Davey - I plan on printing well over 100+ decks at this point in time. I'd be glad to work something out with you when I get the final product.

May 31, 2008
I've emailed several companies and for the time being only 1 has gotten back to me on it, Bicycle hasn't contacted me yet.

The website makes me rather iffy about them but after talking with them. It seems pretty solid.

@Davey - I plan on printing well over 100+ decks at this point in time. I'd be glad to work something out with you when I get the final product.

Alright thanks.

You might want to email USPCC again, because I e-mailed them once and didn't get a response. I e-mailed them again a month later and received a reply the next day.

Oct 28, 2007
yeah i have seen that website before and i thought it looked really sketch but i don't know.
as for the design i think it is a good foundation design but keep working on it.

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
yeah i have seen that website before and i thought it looked really sketch but i don't know.
as for the design i think it is a good foundation design but keep working on it.

Appreciate the input but we were going for something around this route actually. We spent a great deal of time designing and settled on this just a few hours ago. I'll talk it over with them and maybe we'll make a few detailed changes.

Jan 13, 2008

Yeah, I was looking at that company, and a Canadian company, to get a deck of my own printed (not nearly done designing it; I'll probably wait at least another year or so, refining and tweaking it...maybe even longer).

So yeah, please do let me know how it goes. I'd be interested to hear (from someone non-biased) what the quality of their stock/finish is like. :)

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
Yeah. I'll get the proofs in about 3 weeks or so - give or take. From there I'll decide if I want to go with them or some other company.

Could I see what you have so far, as far as the design goes?

Jan 13, 2008
Yeah. I'll get the proofs in about 3 weeks or so - give or take. From there I'll decide if I want to go with them or some other company.

Could I see what you have so far, as far as the design goes?
Interesting. The wait is the hardest part, eh? Hehe.

I'm not exactly ready to share what I have, at the moment. It's still extremely rough, and there are a few versions of it (trying to find what I like and don't like--I literally have over 10 versions of the current design, some of which that have major design changes). But I'll definitely send it your way when it's closer to a "finished product", or at least closer to something I'm happy with. :)

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
I'd suggest grabbing some close friends and getting their feedback on the deck. I had about 17 people helping me decide on this design and this ended up being the hands down decision.

Good luck :)

Jan 13, 2008
I'd suggest grabbing some close friends and getting their feedback on the deck. I had about 17 people helping me decide on this design and this ended up being the hands down decision.

Good luck :)
Yeah, that's a good idea. I had planned on getting the input of a few friends (less than 17, haha), and of course my brother (fellow magician, and card collector).

And thanks! Hopefully yours turns out as well as you hope, too! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results