Custom Porper Clips

Dec 10, 2007
I recently got a porper card clip. I wasnt very impresed becuase it doesnt seem to keep my cards from warping like they claimed. None the less i do like it becuase it doesnt advertise to other magicians that im one of those "kids" that learns all of their stuff from E. But i was wondering: Has anyone ever customized their porper clip. Since it is just a plain black clip i thought i might customise it a little bit, but im not sure with what. If anyone has done this i would love to see what it looks like. Also what did you use to customize it?

Victor Cruz

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
You need to make the clip tighter, bend it a little. When you put the deck inside it should be a tight fit. What helps me is I like to put some extra cards inside the card box so there is no gap between the cards in the box to the cardboard.
I have never seen or heard about custom Porper Clips although that would be a great idea. I hate walking around with people thinking my name is Joe Porper...

Hope this helped somehow?...
Brian

Jan 3, 2008
Well I don't know if you happen to live near a mall or whatever, but I do and those laser-etching places can surely customize your Porper for pretty cheap and make it look VERY cool. ;)

Also, I personally don't have one, but the rarest Poper clips out there ARE customized. They are the Dai Vernon Porper clips, and were only given out at the Dai Vernon magic event in September of 2005. (And yes, they are official) Nowadays, you can buy them for $59.95. They are a bit pricey, but pretty cool in my opinion. Here's a site that offers free shipping if you decide to get one: http://www.magic.org/store/product_info.php?products_id=4711

-killer : kam

Jan 11, 2008
see i disagree. When i sit down with a bunch of experienced magicians and decide to perform for them i dont want them to be like "oh ok hes one of those kids" they assume you know nothing about magic and that you just learned a couple of tricks online and think that E created all of the tricks you have learned. A lot of magicians dont agree with penguin or Ellusionist and so i would not like to advertise them and have them thinkt that is where i learn all of my stuff from. just my opinion.

Dec 10, 2007
I've figured it out

When i posted this i ment to ask everyone if they had in any way customized their own clip themselves. Well i have decided what it is that im going to do. Im making a large spade stencil and im going to tape off the rest of the clip so the spade is in the middle of the clip. Then im going to spray it with a sort of burnt amber orange. (the orange you see on a lot of cars now a days) and it is going to be solid at the bottom and then fade out going diagonally towards the top left of the spade. i hope that makes sense. I think it will look pretty sweet. let me know what you guys think or if you have any ideas. thanks,

Victor Cruz

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results