Cyril Takayama - Card Through Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2009
near paris
i didn't say he is fake
i only think that kind of magic give him more money, that's why he's not doing real magic for real people,but he prefered on the street with camera

Feb 9, 2010
If you watch closely enough, you can clearly find out how he does the second one.

Hint: Look at the teared piece and the teared card. Look at how he handles the card and his hand prior to the spring. I won't say anymore because that would be revealing.

You can't really find the literature for this as it's a combination of a bunch of things... The paper towel thing I've seen David Blaine do with a watch on the other side of the glass. There are a couple of other "things" he does that are from various literature that I don't know exactly where to find. Particularly the tearing technique, the revelation through paper towel, the appearance/disappearance of card behind window, and at least 1 sleight he uses that I can't reveal.

PS: danielmontagne, you're stupid for thinking something so ignorant without proof.

Feb 9, 2010
i didn't say he is fake
i only think that kind of magic give him more money, that's why he's not doing real magic for real people,but he prefered on the street with camera

So you basically hate any magician that has media where people show magic on the street.

In other words, you hate Dan White, Daniel Madison, Lee Asher, Aaron Fisher, Dan & Dave Buck, and pretty much all the Theory 11 artists because they do magic on the street with a camera to sell their products and make money.

Maybe you can show us some real magic and cure cancer. Or disappear.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
i didn't say he is fake

Cyril does perform for people...
he has a show here in Hong Kong in 8 days... For more than 500 people for 2 hours.
Are those all actors as well? Cause I didn't get paid for any services...

Jul 13, 2008
Cyril is by far my favorite TV magician. I'd like to know if there's a similar ctw on the market as well. I would get it in a heartbeat.

Jul 13, 2008
Even if there was, there would be some intricate design with a very situational method with some killer angles as well.

Good point. I wish someone would come out with a good, clean, angle-free card through window. That would be nice haha.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Good point. I wish someone would come out with a good, clean, angle-free card through window. That would be nice haha.

agreed. Well so far I've seen Cyril has the best card through window I've seen. So hopefully if we can find where to learn it or figure it out or something.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
agreed. Well so far I've seen Cyril has the best card through window I've seen. So hopefully if we can find where to learn it or figure it out or something.

You mean the submarine one? Yeah, not gonna happen.

Though there are versions of the one where you tear corner out and it ends up matching the one that went through the window.

I know what he means, he hates when magicians do effects that can't be duplicated without elavorate setup, or actors in on the tricks. He seems that he has not problems with assistants but constant stooges are about what he means. Although I am not saying Cyril did that or does that. I know what he means.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
You mean the submarine one? Yeah, not gonna happen.

Though there are versions of the one where you tear corner out and it ends up matching the one that went through the window.

Well not exactly the submarine one but just the first video I gave on the first post of this thread, unless of course they are the same method.

I want to learn that version. and also the one with the torn corner, they both look amazing.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
The method, while elaborate with a signed card, is attainable with research and a bit of thinking.

No stooges, probably one helper, and a method (throw cards, card appears on other side).

I'm not saying it'd be easy, but the camera cut out the time delay-so for all we know he talked for 3-4 minutes with his spectators-probably finding the wrong card...or something. ;)

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
The best CTW i have performed so far is one in Dan and Dave's Organic Creations. Not a wonderful genius method but still... amazing effect... signed card through window... can have corner ripped.... thats right... haha. Or you could always perform Angle Zero... with the same effect.... just rub that corner into that window.

Sep 5, 2007
i sick of that kind of "magician"
everything is fake
there are all actors
this is not magic

lets get some fact straight magic is fake... magicians are actors. they all pretent to have "powers"(much like you). and the fact that you saying that his work is not magic is really nonsense.. let me ask you a question.. do you have powers?! do you do real magic? people can probably say that you are more fake than cyril.... everything has an explanation. the effect that cyril makes on his TV shows are for ordinary people. not for you. he performs it perfectly, gets his audiences amazed and thus creating that magic feeling in them. try asking his target viewers on how to explain what he just did.. trust me they will all say its magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results