D&D Website Warning

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Anyone else having a problem with their website. 2 of 3 computers I have been on says it could harm my computer. The third has been damaged by it (this was the first time I went on the site today). The next two tell me it could harm my computer. Hasn't been like this before.

Ang

Sep 4, 2010
yeah, same here. I've tried on my iMac and my PC and it has the warning message on both. I don't know why....

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Yeah I did on my Mac and my computer and the computer has a virus now. It was before I got the warning. It's messing everything up on my computer.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Im using a mac too and nothing has happened at all. im getting on the site fine. very strange

I am not an expert in this field but I believe that viruses have to be coded differently in order to affect a Mac. I am also using a Mac but I am not risking it by going on the site.

Maybe somebody that is well versed in these areas can chime in?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I am not an expert in this field but I believe that viruses have to be coded differently in order to affect a Mac. I am also using a Mac but I am not risking it by going on the site.

True, ive always been told macs don't get viruses so easily so idk. I've been going to the site a few times before i even knew something was going on. I've turned my computer on and off and searched around. no viruses or anything since visiting the site today.

Jun 10, 2010

Generally yes, because most make call functions from the native API of the OS. Part of the reason people believe that macs don't get viruses (or don't get them as easily) is due to the fact that most people who write malware are trying to target a wider audience, and Windows XP and Windows 7 combined are more widely used than Mac OS X.

As far as getting this error message goes, I haven't been getting any in Firefox or Opera on Windows 7 or *nix, for what it's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

dananddave

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
Hollywood
www.dananddave.com
The folks at Google just don't seem to like us very much. First our YouTube and now this. :)

We assure you that there is nothing wrong with our site and the problem was simply an oversight by google. The warning message will be removed momentarily.

Cheers,
Dan

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
The folks at Google just don't seem to like us very much. First our YouTube and now this. :)

We assure you that there is nothing wrong with our site and the problem was simply an oversight by google. The warning message will be removed momentarily.

Cheers,
Dan
haha Very true. BUT my computer is acting up because of it. I don't know what is happening there but hope that maybe I can fix it and sorry to hear about your misfortune with this and youtube.

Jun 10, 2010
haha Very true. BUT my computer is acting up because of it. I don't know what is happening there but hope that maybe I can fix it and sorry to hear about your misfortune with this and youtube.

How is it acting up? Can you list some possible changes you've noticed?

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Here is what google found:

http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?tpl=safari&site=www.dananddave.com&hl=en-us

"What is the current listing status for www.dananddave.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 5 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-11-25, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.
This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS17216 (DC74), AS13335 (CLOUDFLARENET).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.dananddave.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message."

But with that being said, this error only popped up in the past 12 hours or so. Google tested this stuff on 11-25-2011 and there was no problem then.

dananddave

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
Hollywood
www.dananddave.com
S.G.,

Did you change the wording of the text because according to what I see (all along) this is what google says,

What is the current listing status for dananddave.com? This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

Nothing is wrong with the site, the error message will be removed shortly --- google is taking their sweet time to review the site.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
S.G.,

Did you change the wording of the text because according to what I see (all along) this is what google says,

What is the current listing status for dananddave.com? This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

Nothing is wrong with the site, the error message will be removed shortly --- google is taking their sweet time to review the site.
I copied and pasted exactly as worded Dan. It actually just changed. It now reads:

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

Of the 6 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-11-27, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-11-27.
Malicious software includes 1 scripting exploit(s), 1 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including t29.pl.tf/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including cpa.info.ms/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS17216 (DC74), AS13335 (CLOUDFLARENET).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.dananddave.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message."

Not trying to offend you or anything. Just copied and pasted.

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
How is it acting up? Can you list some possible changes you've noticed?
It wiped away all my files and all I have now is a black background (was green) and even the internet icon is gone and all I have is the recycling bin.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I see that it is either a modified wordpress theme, a child theme, or a new theme. If you are using an older version of the plugin, Timthumb (which comes with a lot of deluxe theme packages), which is used by a lot of heavy media themes, google has been flagging those sites. This was the cause for one the sites that I manage to be flagged as having malware, and I needed to update the theme, then had to wait for Google to re-cache my site, etc...

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Oh crap dude. Did you lose any important files?
Luckily I saved MOST of my magic downloads two weeks ago but I lost a lot of things. I'm sure my brother has lost some stuff now. I can't get it back it seems. Trying to fight it but it's a slow process. Something is going on in the site.

Last edited by a moderator:

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
I copied and pasted exactly as worded Dan. It actually just changed. It now reads:

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

Of the 6 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-11-27, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-11-27.
Malicious software includes 1 scripting exploit(s), 1 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including t29.pl.tf/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including cpa.info.ms/.

How did this happen?

Not trying to offend you or anything. Just copied and pasted.

Says the same thing for me.

Sep 12, 2011
Asheville, N.C.
It wiped away all my files and all I have now is a black background (was green) and even the internet icon is gone and all I have is the recycling bin.
Pretty much the same thing happened to me, and I wasn't even on my own computer. Not saying it's D&D's fault, but it happened right after going on their site and just a little while before the warning started showing up.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results