Dadvid Blaine card trick, performance help

Dec 16, 2019
Hi everyone, this is my first post in this forum ever, so please excuse me if i break any rules by accident, I will do my best :)

Recently I saw David Blaine on Jimmy Fellon, a performance most of you have seen for sure.
For those who havent, heres the link:
The trick I that caught my interest starts at 5.10
I know how most of the trick is done, mainly the first part. [Exposure Removed]
But afterwards he kind of forces the number seven and I have really now idea how he does it. Since I know nobody will tell me how he does it, maybe someone has an idea how I could do it differently. I really like the trick and I am already able to perform the first part, it would be so cool to do the second part too. I am not a big fan of magicians choice, and a second dribble force would be a bit boring, so maybe you guys know another way how to force a seven or a three and a two.

Thanks for reading and i wish everyone a great day

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
The way David does it is ballsy, to say the least. I'm not sure if I can fully expose it because it isn't really a method per se. It's more so statistics.

I like magician's choice in certain contexts. But I think using it to force a number between 1 and 10 is just awkward.

Anyway, if you want a surefire way to make sure the number 7 is used, really any card force would work. Move any of the 7s into position and you're good to go. A Hindu shuffle force, a riffle force would work if you're just doing this to one person. If you have more people in the group, you could have someone else select a card using a classic force, cull force, cross cut force, etc. Totally up to you.

I can't remember where I saw it but I saw a version of this trick where they could really name any number between 1-10, and it just changes how the trick is presented. I think it's in Art of Astonishment.

Reactions: Dylenium
Dec 16, 2019
Thanks for the replies, I think I will try the cross cut force. I think Banachek was already mentioned in another thread about that trick, but it was said that his methods are really complex so I decided to wait and practice a bit more until I tackle it

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results