The Magician Online

The Magician Online is a live, interactive, online experience - in the comfort of your own home. Starring Dan White. As seen by Ashton Kutcher, Ariana Grande, Chris Rock, James Corden, Jessica Alba, and President Clinton.

See details

Dadvid Blaine card trick, performance help

Dec 16, 2019
Hi everyone, this is my first post in this forum ever, so please excuse me if i break any rules by accident, I will do my best :)

Recently I saw David Blaine on Jimmy Fellon, a performance most of you have seen for sure.
For those who havent, heres the link:
The trick I that caught my interest starts at 5.10
I know how most of the trick is done, mainly the first part. [Exposure Removed]
But afterwards he kind of forces the number seven and I have really now idea how he does it. Since I know nobody will tell me how he does it, maybe someone has an idea how I could do it differently. I really like the trick and I am already able to perform the first part, it would be so cool to do the second part too. I am not a big fan of magicians choice, and a second dribble force would be a bit boring, so maybe you guys know another way how to force a seven or a three and a two.

Thanks for reading and i wish everyone a great day

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 2, 2016
California
The way David does it is ballsy, to say the least. I'm not sure if I can fully expose it because it isn't really a method per se. It's more so statistics.

I like magician's choice in certain contexts. But I think using it to force a number between 1 and 10 is just awkward.

Anyway, if you want a surefire way to make sure the number 7 is used, really any card force would work. Move any of the 7s into position and you're good to go. A Hindu shuffle force, a riffle force would work if you're just doing this to one person. If you have more people in the group, you could have someone else select a card using a classic force, cull force, cross cut force, etc. Totally up to you.

I can't remember where I saw it but I saw a version of this trick where they could really name any number between 1-10, and it just changes how the trick is presented. I think it's in Art of Astonishment.

Reactions: Dylenium
Dec 16, 2019
Thanks for the replies, I think I will try the cross cut force. I think Banachek was already mentioned in another thread about that trick, but it was said that his methods are really complex so I decided to wait and practice a bit more until I tackle it

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results