Dan & Dave are the aces smoking?

just watched a dvd of smoking aces, i knew that dan and dave did the card manipulation on it. i originally saw it at the movies but was disappointed with it as a movie. however my brother hired it and i so i re-watched it.

i was not only disappointed again with the movie as a whole, but couldn't find anything about dan and dave on the special features. they probably appear in the credits and in the audio commentary, the director make a big deal about the actor , 'he really was doing all this, except the hard stuff, he says "oh, he's not doing this part, we got these two kid's in, they were twins"...."they had similar hands"...back to the rest of the movie. didn't even mention dan and dave's names.

it was just poor form i thought.

Sep 2, 2007
I hated that movie. I turned it off like half-hour in when he's waking up the girls. I'm not surprised they said thier names....I mean, Only magicians would know thier names anyways....

hyo

Sep 1, 2007
I loved the film! Smokin' Aces is one of my favorites!

BTW: Carnhan-Fan is named after the director of the film (i think).

Sep 1, 2007
well I still havent seen this movie but i have bin wanting to for some time now.if its realy as bad as some of you say i might want to reconsider.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
the story line for the movie isn't that great, but I love the part with Dave in it. I think it said in the credits that Dan and Dave were the magic coordinators of the film or something rather.

Sep 1, 2007
it was actually a great movie
so far, everyone of my friends who said they didnt like it, actually didnt udnerstand it
so...

Sep 3, 2007
I personally thought the film was Awesome ! The way it was filmed and the whole style of the movie. I'm guessing most of you watched it just for the dave buck bit, so u'd be kinda disappointed that there was so little shown. But then again, the movie isn't really about card flourishes. So yeah.

Sep 2, 2007
Hong Kong
I'm not really sure how this can be someones *favorite* movie.
There were a few actions scenes and big guns... but plot wise theres barely any.

Smoking' Aces makes the last blade film (the worst out of the trilogy, but still decent mind u) look like a classic.

Some of you may not like reading critic reviews, but you really have to check this score out:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/smokin_aces/

A 27% on rotten tomatoes, yea that's rush hour 3 level

To put it simply, Smokin' Aces is worse than Battlefield Earth.

Yes. I'm not exaggerating. Smokin' Aces is worse than Battlefield Earth. Anyone who has seen Battlefield Earth is probably laughing right now, thinking, "There's no way that anything could be worse than Battlefield Earth. It truly is the worst movie ever made." Trust me. You do not want to see Smokin' Aces. Ever.

Sep 1, 2007
Not our fualt they didn't mention them. They're arn't important to anyone but magicians and loved ones (Not say that in a mean way or anything of that sort) In showbiz i mean. To a lot of people they're twins who have hands on steroids. To us (well most of us) they are gods of xcm. lol. I was dissapointed also but it's understandable. It was a weird movie.. decent, but weird.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
To put it simply, Smokin' Aces is worse than Battlefield Earth.

Yes. I'm not exaggerating. Smokin' Aces is worse than Battlefield Earth. Anyone who has seen Battlefield Earth is probably laughing right now, thinking, "There's no way that anything could be worse than Battlefield Earth. It truly is the worst movie ever made." Trust me. You do not want to see Smokin' Aces. Ever.

You lie.
But is it worse than.... Manos, Hands of Fate????

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results