Dan Sperry : Card Manipulation 1-on-1!

Ok guys back in business now....

ok the pyro at the beginning of my act is a combination of a siiiiiimple marketed device hardly every used by magicians anymore and a technique I developed a long time ago to modify it ever so slightly. I'm not sure about giving away the method just yet as the only downfall to the device is that it is unpredictable. Even though I set it the exact same way every time pyro is not something that can be 100% consistant. Sometimes the sparks are huge and sometimes they're more of a "puff" or something like that. I've burnt my hand several times with it, singed my shirts to ash, and gotten it in my eyes twice - no fun - sooo for liability I don't want to really give out any details on the gimmick haha for obvious reasons i think haha.

Ah ok, thanks man. I'd assume a wad of flash with an igniter on a pull would give a similar result... ok wow i'm thinking out loud here.

Thanks again bro,
C

Yeah I mean basically that's it, its no big secret to how it works haha but its just not on a pull cuz my sleeves are loaded with 2 birds, a fan, a boomerang, a match pull, and the igniter gimmick - oh and a silk too haha soooo the pull was out of the question but it could certainly work if there was more room...

Yeah I mean basically that's it, its no big secret to how it works haha but its just not on a pull cuz my sleeves are loaded with 2 birds, a fan, a boomerang, a match pull, and the igniter gimmick - oh and a silk too haha soooo the pull was out of the question but it could certainly work if there was more room...

Haha, Sh*t man, I didn't mean to try and guess the method there.. I was brainstorming.. haha my bad.

You're loaded up like a military vehicle when you do that act, aren't ya? haha, but I really think that adds to the beauty of it. There's no taking of items from someone else and producing from them (ala, Pollock) or something like that.

Agh, I keep going on here... Haha sorry man, I just love manipulation and know... uh.. no manipulators. haha

C

hey man no worries haha i'm not trying to fool anybody with "sparks from hand" haha so no big deal, didn't think you were trying to guess the method but like I said I didn't really want to give it 100% away for just obvious reasons. I could see somebody trying it without really knowing how I do it and then singing their facial hair off - or even worse :-s

I'm not as loaded up as I used to be, I used to body load 11 birds ontop of that and that still included a silk fountain haha I was OUT OF MY MIND. I still don't know how I pulled that off or why I felt compelled to load myself down with all that garbage haha

Jeeeesus... you were a walking aviary bro.. haha I'm currently working out the money(for Amyx's 101 kit and the encyclopedia), time and.. uh... "parental logistics" to get into doves. But i'm thinking like a max of 3 body loads and a sleeve... haha To be honest I've been lost as hell trying to get into it, but I guess thats half the intrigue... or maybe i'm out of my mind.. either way... haha

I guess at the end of the day its the magic that matters, not how much stuff you have to be loaded with. Although, being able to actually walk onto stage might be a plus, eh?

C

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results