Dangerous : Motion or Dan and Dave's Flourishes

Aug 31, 2007
Trilogy. Don't get me wrong, I love Daniel Madison and his fourishes are amazing but nothing can compare to Dan and Dave's work.

May 2, 2008
which one has better flourishes? dangerous : motion or the flourishes section on the trilogy by dan and dave.

I think you should decide this one for yourself.. Just watch the trailers and decide which flourishes YOU prefer.

EDIT: I prefer Motion...

Sep 1, 2007
I prefer Motion...
I agree, what I need flourishes for is mainly just to do a quick 'shuffle' after a card is returned or when it is needed etc. and motions flourishes seem to be much quicker(even though there are some big ones) than flourishes like pandora, jackson five, etc.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
...Daniel's style is "Ol' Skool" because he focuses on Sybil cuts - Sybil cuts are ol' skool (so if you make a Sybil variation, consider it ol' skool).

Dan and Dave and d+M have slightly different styles - you can't base your selection on what others say is better. It's all based on personal preference. Watch the trailers (which ironically come BEFORE the product is released :confused:) and base your own preference on that...

Nov 3, 2007
Kyrgyzstan
I like DM's flourishes and tricks. I don't thing that he is OLD school man :) His style damn nice.
But I love the Trilogy. Just buy both THE TRILOGY and Dangerous if you're the fan of cardistry

Sep 1, 2007
I don't think that better is a word that can apply here. How do you determine if one is better? They are both good in their own right. I think that different is a better description. As far as which one to get, I think that they both offer good flourishes. I'm not going to give the 'just get them both' answer as I know it isn't easy to just be able to afford both at once. I would say to just watch as many trailers/previews as you can and read reviews on descriptions of the flourishes as make an informed decision from there. These products both have distinctly different styles, but I don't think that you'll go wrong with either one. :)

Honestly I like Dangerous better.......They way they did the teaching is awesome.
I can't even learn from the trilogy because it always switches angles on you:mad: and I can learn from mostly anything!

I don't really know why we need all these different angles and crap....text across the screen and junk.......hell.....I think the teaching in Lethal was freakin awesome! I could do almost every move right after watching......(except lethal:rolleyes:)

Read the reviews on them man.......look for wich one has better teaching....ive learned everything on dangerous in 1 day.....and i havent even learned one move from the trilogy.:eek:

Feb 23, 2008
I personally would say 'Motion' just because I absoloutly love d+Ms' style. DnD have some very nice flourishes aswell which I also do/practice so if I were get one then get the other later on that's what I did. :D

-:// Matt //:-

Oct 31, 2007
Connecticut
It's hard to choose. You should read some reviews on both DVDs. I like Motion better because the flourishes fit my style. Although the flourishes in Trilogy, I think, would be easier to make into a routine. I love DnD, but the teaching in Trilogy is a little harder. I learned quicker from Dangerous, but that is just my opinion. Read some reviews and watch the trailers to decide for yourself.

May 8, 2008
England
I love the style on both. Stuff like mayhem, twisted rain and symphony makes me want Dangerous. Pretty much all round smoothness and style of D&D's Flourishes makes me want the Trilogy, they just look great.

Personally, I think I'll save up - Trilogy first, then Dangerous.

But choose the one that you like the style of best.

No idea which one is easier....

-S

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results