Dangerous Or Trilogy?

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Hey guys, i was recentley going to purchase Dangerous by D+M.... but, i also saw trilogy by dan and dave buck....

I dont know wich one to buy...

Please help me out, i need the answer by next Wednesday!

Thanks

Jul 9, 2008
Wisconsin
I don't have Dangerous, but I really recommend the Trilogy. It has great tricks, some cool flourishes (although I haven't been able to check out this DVD much), and the Everything Else DVD is great. It was prefect for me with the Flourishes 101 section, because I just started.

All the tricks I believe are impromptu and require nothing, but a deck of cards which is convenient.

May 22, 2008
Glendora,CA
I don't have either but I can help you out. I've seen both trailers and have seen all trilogy material. I have two questions for you: How experienced are you in cardistry and are you into magic or cardistry more? The tricks on The Trilogy do not compare to the Dangerous tricks. However, THe flourishes on Dangerous do not compare to The Trilogy. The tricks on Dangerous are more run away type material and The Trilogy is more for show me a trick type situations and are not as inpressive. The flourishes on The Trilogy are more flashy but for more advanced ppl. The Dangerous flourishes are, what I think, where you should go after Xtreme Beginners. I don't know, that's your choice but ask yourself those questions

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Actually, it depends on your style. For card magic for example, I would probably never perform anything on the Trilogy - by contrast, I perform about 2/3 of the effects on Dangerous Mystique. Mystique for me is more audience involvement, audience management based effects - which works for me just fine. Trilogy to me however feels like flashy, flourishy, showing off skill tricks which happen quickly and in the magician's hands, which is absolutely not my style.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Actually, it depends on your style. For card magic for example, I would probably never perform anything on the Trilogy - by contrast, I perform about 2/3 of the effects on Dangerous Mystique. Mystique for me is more audience involvement, audience management based effects - which works for me just fine. Trilogy to me however feels like flashy, flourishy, showing off skill tricks which happen quickly and in the magician's hands, which is absolutely not my style.

I agree with almost everything you said up until you said this....

I would probably never perform anything on the Trilogy

Why is that? Is it mainly because it doesn't fit your style or is it just not "practical"?

Jun 29, 2008
i have Dangerous and the Trilogy. The Trilogy tricks are more 'flourishy' , you got a nice part 'Flourish101' if you're a beginner and you got a nice Everythingelse part with productions and table work.
It depends on what you want, your style and both requires lot of work.

Apr 28, 2008
If you want stuff you will actually use in the real world then get Dangerous, I don't find many of the effects on The Trilogy to be very practical. The only effects I frequently use are Collectors and Hoffzy Osbourne. A lot of the other effects can only be performed for 1 or 2 people. The effects from the Trilogy are fun to do but the situations you can perform them in are quite limited.

If you really want visual magic I would recommend Surfaced instead of The Trilogy, the magic is similar to The Trilogy but is far more practical (although it is a bit more difficult than The Trilogy).

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Hey also... how many tricks does D+M rip the cards up.... i dont have lots of cards... is Angel Zero the only trick he rips the cards up in??? cuz if so, i just wont do that.... Because know after reading the things that you guys have said, well i think im going to get dangerous....

But still if you can answer the ripped cards question.. thanks

Apr 28, 2008
Hey also... how many tricks does D+M rip the cards up.... i dont have lots of cards... is Angel Zero the only trick he rips the cards up in??? cuz if so, i just wont do that.... Because know after reading the things that you guys have said, well i think im going to get dangerous....

But still if you can answer the ripped cards question.. thanks

Angle Zero is the only trick in which cards are ripped, you should not overlook it just because you rip a card, it's one of the most powerful effects on the DVD. Just place a card from an old deck into the deck your using and use that card. You can then perform Angle Zero 52 times from one old deck.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I dont have dangerous ( I am going to get it) But I do have The trilogy, I have to say that it is an amasing package, the thing is, it isnt for beginners, I can hardly do the flourishes, the tricks are a bit complicated but with some practice I know anyone can get them nice, cheers!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results