Daniel Madison - Bound

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Daniel Madison- Bound
http://www.danielmadison.co.uk/Bound.htm

Hey guys,

You really won't see alot of reviews from me just because I find they are much to time consuming, but this trick has and acception. I got this trick on the release date and I performed it yesterday at school, and boy, is it somthing. People say you don't really know an effect until you perform it to real people, I satnd behind that saying 100%. After my past experiences with Daniel Madison's products, I was ver skeptical when buying bound. I didn't like what I was reading at first but I thought to myself, I might as well try it out. So I started making what I had to to perform the trick, but once I made it and learned the method, I was in love.

There is just a littl ebit of history of the effect and now lets go onto the review ;).

The Effect:

The freely selected card actually ends up stuck by tape to the box
The card has no tape stuck to it before the effect and no sticking or taping takes place during the effect
The box can be thoroughly inspected before and after and is fairly shown to have no pre-stuck cards
No card is seen trapped between the tape and box until the performers chosen moment of revelation
The revelation happens completely in the spectators’ hands with very minimal sleights
Can be applied to any deck of playing cards within minutes
Instant reset, instant repeat
Bound can be performed using a signed card

-I would just like to pooint out that I got this description straight from the Bound page. You will notice that I colored a certain phrase in the description. You cannot apply this to any deck of cards. The box MUST have a picture of the back of the cards (Like tally ho's or any deck from ellusionist).

-Another note, this trick will not work with the Guardian decks found at theory11.

My thoughts

I truely love this trick, It is now my opener that I use and then follow up with my ambitous card routine. The trick is very good for walk-around/ strolling magic and will really get your spectators thinking. Daniel teaches three diffrent versions of bound and they are:

-Bound 1.1- Permenantly Bound
This is the one that I use just because it all happens in the spectators hands, and since you show the box back and front very cleanly, there is no doubting.

-Bound 1.2- Instanly Bound
This is the version that you all see in the trailer for bound. it is very visual as you all can tell. The method very this is very clever, this si the version that if you look at it in the mirror, you will fool yourself.

-Bound 1.3- Signed + Bound
I rreally do not find myself ever using this version, even though you just ahve to add a little somthing to the gimmick, just somthing about this version I don't think I will be using. But none the less, if you are into these signed card efefcts where they appear in seeminly impossible places, then this maybe for you.

Every version of bound you end practicly clean and everything can be handed out for examination.

I give this trick a 9/10, this is his best product so far from what I ahve and seen.

If you have any questions about this feel free to drop a reply or send me a PM, which ever one floats your boat.

EDIT: It has come to my attention that it can be performed with any deck, I knew how to do it with any deck but the reason why I it can't be is because it wasn't included in the pdf.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i also got this trick on its release date.
its very clever and i love it, the explanation is so sneaky.

but:
it is not instant reset..
and to a degree the box can be expected, it can defiantly freely be shown from ALL sides. which should be enough of an examination... but you wouldnt want it examined down to its molecules by silly nerds XD.

the tricks is great, i have a few videos of it on my youtube page.

Sep 2, 2007
Actually Allan, I've come up with a method to work with aLL decks. Talk to me on skype to learn.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I LOVE the disclaimer at the end of the PDF:

WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR HARM CAUSED TO ANYBODY WHO PERFORMS BOUND, NOR DO WE ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY BROKEN OR HARMED LIMBS OR VOWS NO ANIMALS WERE INVOLVED IN THE MAKING OF BOUND, DISPITE THE RUMOURS

:D:D

Jan 23, 2008
Leeds, UK
Quite right Dizzi, this CAN BE DONE WITH ANY DECK... I think DM left out the explantion as it's quite obvious how to do it when you know the method, although the method has been added to the PDF, i'm sure D'll send you an updated copy if you email him

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results