Daniel Madison's Change

Mar 16, 2008
Melbz
I have a theory on it.

Due to the frame rate of the video, you don't see the split frame where he releases the front card from the deck. As claimed by D man himself, there are NO camera tricks, which technically is true.

Any other theories? XD

Oct 28, 2007
are talking about the change from the joke video it shows that on the video.

as for change, this is not the method because he slows down the video and even if it was the frame rate you would still see it, it is not that fast

Mar 16, 2008
Melbz
Yeah I'm talking about the non joke one on his site. One card is completely discarded or is held with double stick tape to make it seem like one card. Seeing that change live with my own eyes would definitely be awesome ey! XD

Mar 16, 2008
Melbz
I'm sorry copperfield but i'm new so i don't know much about how things work here. The change just intrigues me so much. XD

Sep 1, 2007
This thread is "unproductive", and for the people, maybe you are about to become one.

Warm welcome to the forums, but there are rules that you should read. In addition there is a search.

For your "theory", Sleight_of_Hand's post is correct, just wait and see.

Mar 16, 2008
Melbz
Haha typical 'lets pick on the noob' attitude. Just my theory on the change, no need to get hostile here boys. I didnt see that other topic, s'pose its coz im still pretty new to this place. I'm a very productive person thx 'lucas b' and I'm pretty good with a deck of cards too. XD

Oct 24, 2007
Warm welcome to the forums, but there are rules that you should read. In addition there is a search.

There isn't a rule against putting smilies after your post. ;)

See, this is one of the things about this forum that I would like to see go away. Meanness. I mean, geez, give the guy a break. Yes, maybe he didn't read the rules and needs to go read them. But does that mean you act sarcastic and negative towards him? No. WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER. And I think this thread is becoming productive now that I have brought up this issue. Why all the hostility towards your fellow magicians?

Tyler

Mar 16, 2008
Melbz
Haha see? Tyler knows what I'm talking about. :D
I guess we can stop posting on this thread, now that I see the other topic which is what I wanted to see.

So I apologize to you
and to anyone else that I hurt too
I may not be a perfect soul
but I can learn self control
so pardon me, pardon me, pardon me
my friends XD

That poem was for everyone I offended in my first thread here.

Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Before I say what I'm going to say, I want to state that I'm not trying to be mean and I agree that people shouldn't attack "n00bs." I would also like to welcome you to the forums, be sure to read the rules, check out the list of reviews in the review section and use the search feature.

Man these forums are unproductive. Or maybe its just some people.

"You shouldn't judge a book by its cover." You haven't spent much time here, so its probably not a good idea to decide its unproductive. Keep in mind that a lot of the people here live in various time zones and people may not be on the forums when you are on...

Even though Farrell said this in a blunt insulting way, I have to agree that you should stop putting "XD" at the end of your posts. Here is why. The first reason is if you constantly use "XD" it loses its meaning, as a magician you should be able to understand this. Example, if you perform the same trick to the same person repeatedly, it loses its effect.

The second reason is because if you are constantly laughing (XD=laughing hard), its very hard to take you seriously. This is just human nature. Who are you going to take seriously, the person who always laughs or the person who looks angry all the time? Not saying you should become an angry person, just suggesting you tone it down a bit if you want people to take you seriously. This also applies to magic. When performing a routine, is your audience going to take you more seriously if you are laughing through out your whole performance or are you going to be taken more seriously if you have the occasional sly grin?

-Cyrus

Oct 8, 2007
Agree on the posts above. The forums are mostly productive and it's where I get most of my answers from since I don't have "magic" friends that I can ask and consult. By "magic" friends, I mean people who are into magic, ok?

Anyway, so this thread aims to show our theories about DM's change and if indeed someone gets it right, then what? I've been called on about dicussing methods in these public forums back then and maybe it could happen here too. I think it's alright to speculate and offer our theories but what if the effect does get exposed, what's DM going to do? Just giving some a heads up.

And to comment on the 1st theory (in this thread, i mean), I highly doubt that pros take advantage of the camera when performing, whether it's the frame rate or just plain camera tricks. So for me, I always take away the possibility of the video being tampered with, especially with pro performers like Daniel Madison. I just wouldn't believe they'd do that, and I believe that what they show on camera, they can do and prove as well in real life.

As for Change... I have tried myself and I'm pretty sure my own theories aren't very feasible. :D We'll just have to wait and see for ourselves when it's released.

Sep 1, 2007
Haha typical 'lets pick on the noob' attitude. Just my theory on the change, no need to get hostile here boys. I didnt see that other topic, s'pose its coz im still pretty new to this place. I'm a very productive person thx 'lucas b' and I'm pretty good with a deck of cards too. XD

First off : no, not the typical attitude. The thing with reading the rules and using the search are just meant positive, it will be much nicer to see the other threads about it, there are probably many persons which share the same theory as yours, and you would probably get a better look on that topic. So really, that was just meant positive. This thread is not productive, but I hope you find the answers on other threads. I did not say that you are unproductive.

There isn't a rule against putting smilies after your post. ;)

See, this is one of the things about this forum that I would like to see go away. Meanness. I mean, geez, give the guy a break. Yes, maybe he didn't read the rules and needs to go read them. But does that mean you act sarcastic and negative towards him? No. WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER. And I think this thread is becoming productive now that I have brought up this issue. Why all the hostility towards your fellow magicians?

Tyler

Guess the first is sarcastic, whatever, I didn't say anything against smiles.

He did not read the rules and not use the serach. So ? It is like you want to know how to build a shelf but you don't look up how to do that, or don't buy any tools. My post was 100% positive and not 'negative or sarcastic' as you say, look above. Your common sense should be able to inform yourself from all sources.
You can't hear from a post in the internet if it was meant good or mean, maybe with smiles, but hell, I dont use any. So for the last time, my post was meant positive, look this topic up, you will find many friends with the same thought about it and get a better view on it.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Even though Farrell said this in a blunt insulting way, I have to agree that you should stop putting "XD" at the end of your posts. Here is why. The first reason is if you constantly use "XD" it loses its meaning, as a magician you should be able to understand this. Example, if you perform the same trick to the same person repeatedly, it loses its effect.

The second reason is because if you are constantly laughing (XD=laughing hard), its very hard to take you seriously. This is just human nature. Who are you going to take seriously, the person who always laughs or the person who looks angry all the time? Not saying you should become an angry person, just suggesting you tone it down a bit if you want people to take you seriously. This also applies to magic. When performing a routine, is your audience going to take you more seriously if you are laughing through out your whole performance or are you going to be taken more seriously if you have the occasional sly grin?

-Cyrus

I think you're reading into it a little too much. It's a freaking forum with text. God only knows this kid could be an angry grouch :D

I wouldn't go as far as to say if you end your messages with something other than a period that people will look down on you. I like to end my posts with DOT DOT DOT and you like to end it with -Cyrus. I haven't been discriminated against and I don't think you have either.

Oh and where are the mods? I thought any topic that has differing opinions in it gets deleted here. :p

Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I think you're reading into it a little too much. It's a freaking forum with text. God only knows this kid could be an angry grouch :D

I wouldn't go as far as to say if you end your messages with something other than a period that people will look down on you. I like to end my posts with DOT DOT DOT and you like to end it with -Cyrus. I haven't been discriminated against and I don't think you have either.

Oh and where are the mods? I thought any topic that has differing opinions in it gets deleted here. :p

I'm sorry, it must be a maturity thing. I'll keep my mouth shut ...

-Cyrus

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results