Daniel Madison's "Memento"

"Memento" By Daniel Madison

I just got this in the mail today and let me just start off by saying WOW! I am amazed at how incredible this trick is. It's pure genius and so simple to perform.

If you don't know already, "Memento" come with a "special deck of cards" and a booklet explaining how to use the deck of cards and how many different ways you can perform this. As Daniel says in the booklet "Memento is only limited by your imagination". I agree 100%.

I urge you to watch this quick video of a magician performing "Memento" using his own performance style. Also note that it is nothing like the product description. This shows how much freedom you have when coming up with ideas for performances. Here is the video: http://www.magicbox.uk.com/shop.php/shop/magic-tricks/card-magic/memento/p_381.html

Keep in mind the following things:

-Absolutely ANY card can be named and you will get it right 100% of the time
-There are absolutely NO psychological forces of any kind

I am stressing this because these are things that I hear magicians conversate about when talking about "Memento"

The "special deck" is extremely easy to use. Anyone can use it. There are three things to remember when performing this trick but it is VERY easy to remember these three things. This shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

Here are only a few of the different performance ideas Daniel has suggested on the booklet:

-For a throwaway idea, the revelation could simply read, "Your Card" (As you saw in the video)

-Use someone's date of birth.

-Your own signature could appear on the selected card.

- A previously forced number could be written on the selected card.

-You could choose the name of the person organising an event that you are working at.

-You can even use the performance used in the product description.

These are some ideas that Daniel has come up with and shares with you in the booklet. He also explains that it is important to come up with a routine that suits your own style of performance.

Overall, this has got to be the best trick I have purchased in a long time. I can't believe how amazing and easy it is. I recommend this to any card magician. It is definitely worth taking a look at. I will be performing this one probably forever. That's how good it is.

Difficulty - 3/10 (With 1 being the easiest and 10 being the hardest)

Content - 10/10

"Special Deck" - 10/10 (Couldn't be easier to use)

Get it at:
http://www.magicbox.uk.com/shop.php/shop/magic-tricks/card-magic/memento/p_381.html
or
http://penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=10127

Sep 1, 2007
"Memento" By Daniel Madison

I just got this in the mail today and let me just start off by saying WOW! I am amazed at how incredible this trick is. It's pure genius and so simple to perform.

If you don't know already, "Memento" come with a "special deck of cards" and a booklet explaining how to use the deck of cards and how many different ways you can perform this. As Daniel says in the booklet "Memento is only limited by your imagination". I agree 100%.

I urge you to watch this quick video of a magician performing "Memento" using his own performance style. Also note that it is nothing like the product description. This shows how much freedom you have when coming up with ideas for performances. Here is the video: http://www.magicbox.uk.com/shop.php/shop/magic-tricks/card-magic/memento/p_381.html

Keep in mind the following things:

-Absolutely ANY card can be named and you will get it right 100% of the time
-There are absolutely NO psychological forces of any kind

I am stressing this because these are things that I hear magicians conversate about when talking about "Memento"

The "special deck" is extremely easy to use. Anyone can use it. There are three things to remember when performing this trick but it is VERY easy to remember these three things. This shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

Here are only a few of the different performance ideas Daniel has suggested on the booklet:

-For a throwaway idea, the revelation could simply read, "Your Card" (As you saw in the video)

-Use someone's date of birth.

-Your own signature could appear on the selected card.

- A previously forced number could be written on the selected card.

-You could choose the name of the person organising an event that you are working at.

-You can even use the performance used in the product description.

These are some ideas that Daniel has come up with and shares with you in the booklet. He also explains that it is important to come up with a routine that suits your own style of performance.

Overall, this has got to be the best trick I have purchased in a long time. I can't believe how amazing and easy it is. I recommend this to any card magician. It is definitely worth taking a look at. I will be performing this one probably forever. That's how good it is.

Difficulty - 3/10 (With 1 being the easiest and 10 being the hardest)

Content - 10/10

"Special Deck" - 10/10 (Couldn't be easier to use)

Get it at:
http://www.magicbox.uk.com/shop.php/shop/magic-tricks/card-magic/memento/p_381.html
or
http://penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=10127

Great review!
Just wondering, since any card can be named and it says "you card" or their date of birth or something, can this be cleaned off? I mean, in case a person names the same card the wrong date of birth would be written on it.

Im pretty sure, you cant rub of the writting, but I am sure you can easily replace this card. Once you've seen the workings of the deck you will be able to make your own.

Please correct me if Im wrong.

Cheers, Tom

The writing can not be rubbed off but if you decide later that you don't want it to say "Your Card" or whatever you may have written on it then you can make another gimmick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great review!
Just wondering, since any card can be named and it says "you card" or their date of birth or something, can this be cleaned off? I mean, in case a person names the same card the wrong date of birth would be written on it.

Sorry. I didn't understand your question at first. The writing can not be rubbed off but if you decide later that you don't want it to say "Your Card" or whatever you may have written on it then can make another gimmick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Hey can the spectators check the rest of the cards? So they can verify that it's the only card that says your card or whatever you want..?

Vastago

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Mexico
what? fishing?

first.. read the description of the effect, it sounds like the invisible deck...

You are making this sound like it is a BIG issue... if its another handling for the ID, then just say it (if someone knows), Its not like im asking "for the method"...

Memento alone costs 30 dollars.... It is included in "Identity" for the SAME PRICE 30 dollars!!.. if i need to choose beetween one effect and a bunch of effects for the same price then ill obviously buy Identity... Itll help a lot to make a decision, if i knew if a ID is needed...

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Memento is great, a wonderful effect, nicely structured, builds with each step, and has a stunning climax. Awesome!

By the way, as an aside, the magician performing memento in the video linked above is none other than my good buddy Jonathan Pickard! You should check out his effects, really nice stuff!

CL

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
what? fishing?

first.. read the description of the effect, it sounds like the invisible deck...

You are making this sound like it is a BIG issue... if its another handling for the ID, then just say it (if someone knows), Its not like im asking "for the method"...

Memento alone costs 30 dollars.... It is included in "Identity" for the SAME PRICE 30 dollars!!.. if i need to choose beetween one effect and a bunch of effects for the same price then ill obviously buy Identity... Itll help a lot to make a decision, if i knew if a ID is needed...

I think the big issue is that by saying "sounds a lot like I.D. am i right?" is essentially saying "Is the special deck constructed using a R/S technique."

It's not another handling for an invisible deck, I'll say that much to put your mind at ease. But the other guys are right, asking how an effect works IS a big deal.

I highly recommend ID - Though unless you have the materials to construct the special deck at home you'll have to go out, buy them and then spend a few hours constructing the deck.

I personally have no trouble doing that - I'd say go spend your money on Daniel's site as then it all goes straight to him!:)

But there's a chance that many people won't bother making the gaff decks he teaches themselves, so that's the big up with memento being released as a made up gaff deck!

D.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results