Dave Buck - Quitting Magic For Film School?

D

Deleted member 2755

Does this mean that there will be a new deck of cards coming out with just a single big "D" ?

Ha, that may ruin the symmetry. :)

Anyway, I came here on Dave's behalf. I got an e-mail from him requesting I make this post as he is currently away. THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS DAY JOKE. Dave actually realized that today was a really dumb day to make the announcement.

So for everyone who thinks this is an April Fools day joke, you will all be gravely disappointed. With that being said, I know this really is disappointing. We all have dreams though. If Dave wants to leave magic behind him, it is his choice and I wish him luck. We still got Dan though.

Anyway, Dave is grateful for all of his fans and he wanted me to let you guys know that he will miss you dearly and stop by sometimes to say hi. Dave feels awful about posting this on April Fools Day, but this is indeed legit.

Upon seeing this, I immediately contacted JB, D&D, and everyone else who had ties with them. This is indeed true. Dave is taking a beating right now knowing that he released this information on the dumbest day possible.

Anyway, wish Dave luck. He will be missed in the magic community. With that being said, this thread is now locked to prevent further confusion about whether or not this is an April Fools Day joke. Hope you guys understand.

-Doug

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
This was the first April fools day prank that got me too. All day managing to avoid being cuaght and then this. I guess I was wrong about Dan n Dave not having a sense of humour - I mean who else can say "This is the Scott shuffle by Barry Scott from Scotland" without even cracking a smile?
OK that's not it exactly but it's similar. Randomwrath is bound to correct me within a day or two...

Lex

Dec 18, 2007
Chicago, IL
Review: Dan.com

The Effect: mere days after watching him shuffled back into the middle of a deck, the spectator sees one twin disappear entirely with nothing but a wave. EXTREMELY visual. 5/5

The Method: it involves a bit of preparation--not impromptu. You also end dirty. It can also be a little knacky: you have to cover a lot of angles to make sure there's no flashing, and the move itself can be unpredictable. Fairly difficult--not for beginners, and not easily repeated. 3/5

The Medium: requires some knowledge of HTML coding to make website look authentico, but once that is complete, the look is phenomenal. That's what makes this trick so visual. 5/5

OVERALL: fricking hilarious, but could use some work on the subtlety. The more prep you do, the more payoff. Even so, some audiences may not require a more subtle execution. Would be better if it could be adapted to take place entirely in the spectator's hand. 4.3/5

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
Wow! That's impressive - I can only just begin to tell which is which, some of the time. It is impressive that you knew it was Dan, It is also slightly scary as it makes you are an obsessive psycho, but then you could say we all are ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results