David Blaine - Page Six Article + JB's Response

Directly following the show, I actually felt Dive of Death was one of the best specials that aired in the past ten years. I felt this way because the magic was relatively undoctored and performances were genuinely spontaneous. I thought the overall feel of the cinematography and music was captivating and personal. The actual material he performed was creative and original. It reminded me of the early Blaine era that so many viewers fell in love with.

And then I let all those feelings settle over a couple days, listening to various laymen's points of view. It was then I felt it was evident that Blaine really lost whatever flare he had when he first made his debut years ago. It's unfortunate, but fairly accurate.

To deny the fact that Blaine isn't the same performer who intrigued the world by storm years ago would be defending a petty bias as magicians. As fellow performers who, by majority, follow in his footsteps-- we always want him to succeed and save magic in much the same way he did during his debut. David Blaine isn't that person anymore. That may be difficult to swallow, because he's a hero for a lot of modern magicians, particularly the younger fanbase. But it's true.

To laymen, Blaine's reputation degraded from a genuine miracle-worker, to a laughable South Park parody, to a ridiculous YouTube impression, to a disappointment in the UK, and ultimate failure in the US. In fact, to show the relation between Blaine's status with the public eye, a friend of mine recently took his midterm exams and amusingly said he "Blained them," meaning he unfortunately failed them all. Adding to this, his television ratings have reportedly plummeted due to a multitude of reasons. No one understands his image and no one cares to follow it. Only his fanbase appreciates what an "endurance artist" is. How does that relate to the magic that laymen want to see? Is he still a magician? Then why doesn't he just "magic" himself out of the challenge? He just stands in a box-- and then what? He can't hold his breath? What does this card trick have to do with being upside down? Forget it...

What made Blaine famous was what essentially killed him. He broke the golden KISS rule: Keep It Simple, Stupid. He became a household name with a simple image and performed simple magic. It was this simplicity that made him so refreshing. People responded really well to that. Unfortunately, he complicated matters with his stunts which not only detracted from the magic people wanted to see-- but also polluted his television appearances with unnecessary news fluff. The stunts became more difficult and Blaine, himself, couldn't live up to them. On top of that, no one understood why he was doing such ridiculous stunts to begin with! Although the magic in Dive of Death was reminiscent of his early days and even offered the same elecricity he used to inspire, I think it was ultimately too little too late... prior to messing up the stunt again.

It's unfortunate... but I think he's on his way to becoming a household has-been. Just my own opinion. I know I don't share it with many others.

Always,
RS.

Mar 29, 2008
RS - although well written - I think you overlook and over simplify what the real feelings on Blaine are.

First, I am not a "Blaine" fan - he did re-introduce me to magic with his first special, but I never wanted to be like him - actually...I hated on him for years...until Angel showed up...then I begged for him to come back.

Some people don't understand his intent - but they didn't for Houdini either - but Blaine is trying to stand on the shoulder of a past giant and be a modern day Houdini. I admire what he has done - it may or may not "take away" from the magic - just as the hotness of the Pussy Cat dolls may or may not take away from the fact they have no talent.

How do you know how laymen feel - the impression's on Youtube is a form of flattery, as many have been mocked on shows like Mad TV, SNL and Youtube - including Copperfield and Angel - it is not to make them laughable, as for anyone to get the joke they have to realize they are laughing at the fame they have achieved. He didn't build a stage act - he did simple tricks - but we all know that you can't just do that - and I think what Blaine has done is amazing. He makes magic special - not pushed overcomplicated plots on A&E every week.

I will admit, his stunts haven't had the impact he had hoped for - as people connect magic with magic - and not with a real live test of physical endurance. The mixed message causing public confusion - but that doesn't mean Blaine is in the wrong. The entire world once believed the earth was flat and smoking made you stronger - social agreeance doesn't equal a social right....or do you still believe that their are evil doer's out there with weapons of mass destruction?

It is funny...you have fallen for the pressures of mass social pressure - you said yourself:

Directly following the show, I actually felt Dive of Death was one of the best specials that aired in the past ten years. I felt this way because the magic was relatively undoctored and performances were genuinely spontaneous. I thought the overall feel of the cinematography and music was captivating and personal. The actual material he performed was creative and original. It reminded me of the early Blaine era that so many viewers fell in love with.

I bet one of those viewers that fell in love - was you! The thing is - why did you back down for your own feelings. You loved the show - stand up for your own feelings bro. How easy you were to convince yourself that Blaine is anything less than what magic needs right now.

Magic is cool again - to many - maybe not as many that hate seeing Blaine, and his misunderstood stunts...and compare him to Angel and his stooge and doctored illusions...but Blaine deserves a thank you. Thanks for making a good special about magic - sucks the final stunt was off....but the rest of the show made up for it.....and if it wasn't for the seeker of evil doers...perhaps the stunt wouldn't have been pushed back causing problems?

Blaine isn't the same performer...he has grown - he has evolved and shown that magic doesn't have to be done without a smile...he made magic fun again...he made magic "real" again.

You my friend - like a crowd that turns on the Dixie Chics...to turn around a year later and give them a fistful of Grammy...are too easily influenced by the mass media.

Why don't you watch the special again....search those feelings - and imagine how you would have felt without the stunt? Would you still say that he is a "has been"? If Blaine comes back with a special in a year that ROCKS the magic world...will you hope back on the band wagon?

I think as well written as your opinions are....I still think they are not yours...as you cleary stated yours to start...but then contridicted yourself at the end. In other words - I don't think you even know what you think...but don't worry - TV and other people will tell you soon.

Just my opinion...I know I share it with many others.

Webby

Banned
Sep 21, 2008
I would really like to see him actually execute the finale over so we could see what it was supposed to look like. This type of illusion may have relied on too many people and exact timing to pull off. I have to admit, it was kinda funny seeing him just hang there with egg on his face.

First, I am not a "Blaine" fan - he did re-introduce me to magic with his first special, but I never wanted to be like him - actually...I hated on him for years...until Angel showed up...then I begged for him to come back.

While my opinions may appear wish-washy to you in some areas, I do stand by my overall support for Blaine. I will always be a fan of his work, and I never meant to appear otherwise. I'm not losing faith in his ability, but I am calling out what I see-- and that is the majority of people who were fascinated by him in the past simply aren't anymore. It's hard to grasp as magicians, because we're surrounded by other Blaine fans who amusingly share the same hatred for Criss Angel.

Some people don't understand his intent - but they didn't for Houdini either - but Blaine is trying to stand on the shoulder of a past giant and be a modern day Houdini.

People DID understand Houdini. Houdini kept things simple. He did the impossible. He was a magician and escape artist, both dealing with the impossible. In the eyes of the audience, his escapes were just as magical as his stage show. Unlike Houdini, Blaine broke that rule. His stunts didn't relate to magic at all. He starved in a coffin and was let out. He lived in a box and was let out. Stood in an ice cube and was let out. He swam in a fishbowl with an air-supply, tried to escape, and failed. He hung upside down with occasional breaks and then I don't know what happened. While all arguably impressive feats to a degree, they did not complement the mystique of his character at all. Everyone recognized that essentially anyone could do that. In fact, I believe the stunts ended up humiliating him more than helping altogether.

How do you know how laymen feel?

For the past three or four Blaine specials, I noticed a decreasing amount of hyped reviews coming from laymen. I noticed an increasing disappointment in my own opinion. Blaine was no longer the devil-conman cross that he was in Street Magic. He went from being a mysterious stranger who could read minds to that guy in the fishbowl. People even went out of their way to discredit Blaine in the UK news. And most recently, television and radio personalities have deemed him a laughingstock or fraud. David Blaine is a celebrity, so the media's opinion of him is a valid one. The image he used to have isn't the same and I can tell you it hasn't grown.

The mixed message causing public confusion - but that doesn't mean Blaine is in the wrong. The entire world once believed the earth was flat and smoking made you stronger - social agreeance doesn't equal a social right....or do you still believe that their are evil doer's out there with weapons of mass destruction?

...What?

It is funny...you have fallen for the pressures of mass social pressure - you said yourself...

I am a Blaine fan. I always have been. I do magic professionally and have my own flavor of doing things, but I don't intend to discredit his fame or reputation at all. I loved his latest show. I do stand by that. To say I fell to peer pressure simply because I called on something I saw blatantly in my face after the show aired is juvenile. I'm merely stating that Blaine's persona isn't nearly as powerful as it used to be; otherwise, stories like the one from Page Six wouldn't be written or wouldn't be intended to be so openly offensive. Here's a newsflash, Page Six isn't the only publication that ragged on Blaine's blunders.

Blaine deserves a thank you. Thanks for making a good special about magic - sucks the final stunt was off....but the rest of the show made up for it.....and if it wasn't for the seeker of evil doers...perhaps the stunt wouldn't have been pushed back causing problems?

I do agree the magic on the special was great. As I said, it may have been among the best seen on television for a while. But the special wasn't about the magic to the lay audience. The special was entitled the Dive of Death. And once that finale sucked, the rest of the special was forgotten. Read some laymen reviews to get a more accurate depiction of how the public perceives Blaine. Magicians are just naturally biased.

Oh, and a pet peeve: It's President George W. Bush. I'm neither liberal nor conservative, but I do understand and appreciate the roles and responsibilities of any President. To make him a scapegoat for every political, economic, and magic? mishap is pretty laughable.

You my friend - like a crowd that turns on the Dixie Chics...to turn around a year later and give them a fistful of Grammy...are too easily influenced by the mass media.

Entertaining psychosis. But inaccurate. I'm still very much an admirer and probably always will be, but I do feel his career is slowly deteriorating. That's nothing of major value, really. Celebrities do come and go. I had an inflated opinion of the special, and I waited to be grounded to make a full decision on it. Inflated first impressions come with things that appear exciting. Naturally, the show, while better than his previous-- was not as spectacular as I initially thought. Taking time to make a rounded decision isn't discredible behavior.

If Blaine comes back with a special in a year that ROCKS the magic world...will you hope back on the band wagon?

I'll admittedly be ecstatic for it. I always am. I do look forward to all his appearances, and I do recognize how he's positively affected the magic community. I never said he hurt magic in any way to begin with. With that said, I'm not arguing the magic community's point of view at all. I'm actually saying the magic community's point of view is irrelevant because it naturally supports what Blaine does. The people who matter-- lay audiences-- aren't impressed anymore. I can continue to belabor and bore you with a number of citations from other websites, magazines, television stations and other broadcasts that ridicule Blaine and what he does. It wasn't like that all the time. It's unfortunate, but it will take a lot of work to regain the appeal he once had among the rest of the world that doesn't carry a deck of cards in their pockets.

RS.

Mar 29, 2008
haah - okay RS - if you say so - it is hard to argue a fan that heckles his hero...as it puts you in an untouchable spot...but seriously, your facts are wrong.

- Houdini saw bad press, he appeared in two full-length films that were flops. Houdini blamed everybody but himself for his performance and the movies were widely criticized....by yep, the media

- Don't mistake media (as your last line indicates) with universal truth, people DID enjoy Blaine's special, magician and non-magician

- Don't be so arrogant to think that because you carry a deck, you understand things different than a layperson...as you enjoyed it...so did they

- You offer NO reason you changed your mind, outside of TV/Internet/Media told you so

- Your back handed comments on "psychosis" and "juvenille" are a bit over the top - and only prove to discredit you - your points are moot.

- Calling someone a has been after 8 specials, a book and creating an entire new genre of magic (that I can't stand) is a bit narrow minded. We call sports figures with as much success...even when they fail at the end - Hall of Famers. Shake your head son!

All I got out of both your posts is that you are wishy washy and as much as you love Blaine you think that adding personality to magic was bad for him...that he should have stuck to...WATCH WATCH...and that by trying to grow - he didn't "keep it simple".

Even if you are 100% right - and I don't think you are - Blaine is being talked about...his magic is being discussed through all the media. He has done for magic what Angel fails to do - he has made magic popular once again, even if it's because of a bad stunt...and truthfully, I don't care about his career in magic - but I do mine - and everytime magic is in the public eye...people can relate to me easier and I can make more money doing close up.

I know we don't see eye to eye RS - because to state that the media's opinion is valid because he is a celebrity rubs me the wrong way - the media's goal is to create interest and sell - NOT tell truths. With this in mind, would you read a story that said - Blaine's show had a small mistake, but was awesome overall? Probably not - controversy creates interest...which lead to this thread...a perfect example.

Anyhow RS - I wish you well in your magic and hope that it is not as off base as your back handed comments and opinions. Thanks for replying - I truly hope we get to meet eye to eye one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Houdini saw bad press, he appeared in two full-length films that were flops. Houdini blamed everybody but himself for his performance and the movies were widely criticized....by yep, the media

Very, very good point.

- Don't mistake media (as your last line indicates) with universal truth, people DID enjoy Blaine's special, magician and non-magician

- Don't be so arrogant to think that because you carry a deck, you understand things different than a layperson...as you enjoyed it...so did they

- You offer NO reason you changed your mind, outside of TV/Internet/Media told you so

I admit, my opinions may in fact be heavily influenced by the media, but I don't think it's anymore so than the average person here. You come off as if you're invincible to it. Now it appears as though we both have well-studied backgrounds in the media, so I'll assume you should know to be more humble, yourself. Should I remind you it is possible to read or watch something more/less objectively with an active mind? Should I also remind you the very debate we're holding is taking place over a form of media-- does that mean neither of our views should be trusted?

To assume a magician sees things in exactly the same way a layperson does is naiive. I'll stand by that to the grave.

My mind never changed. I thought the special was entertaining. But if its subpar reviews by newspapers and television shows should be discredited, then perhaps the negative opinions of close friends, family, fellow employees, and my own spectators should be of more value? But then again-- laymen and magicians should think exactly alike... so that makes no sense.

Your back handed comments on "psychosis" and "juvenille" are a bit over the top - and only prove to discredit you - your points are moot.

If you took offense to whatever was considered an underhanded choice of words, I apologize. I thought we were having fun sparring. It's amusing to me, because in my head-- everyone else's points are as moot as you say mine are. To each his own; we'll agree to disagree. It appears as though we're both just as stubborn once we have our minds set.

...as much as you love Blaine you think that adding personality to magic was bad for him...that he should have stuck to...WATCH WATCH...and that by trying to grow - he didn't "keep it simple".

I never spoke of his presentation. I spoke of his image. He used to be a magician-- a concept simple to follow and appreciate. Since he started adopting stunts into his repertoire, no one understood why, because they weren't magic. "So is he still a magician?" "Kind of, but he doesn't do tricks for the stunts... he only does that on the street." I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggled to explain Blaine's position in the magic community to a curious layperson. By complicating that IMAGE, I feel like he lost touch with a lot of his former fanbase. I unfortunately didn't make it out to Dive of Death, but I assume the amount of public support he received decreased as it did when I attended Drowned Alive and Vertigo. And this time, people actually booed.

I don't care about his career in magic - but I do mine - and everytime magic is in the public eye...people can relate to me easier and I can make more money doing close up.

Amen. That is something we can agree on wholly and completely.

Anyhow RS - I wish you well in your magic and hope that it is not as off base as your back handed comments and opinions. Thanks for replying - I truly hope we get to meet eye to eye one day.

Likewise. Again, I apologize if I offended you. You were consistently a stand-up gentleman throughout this entire discussion, and that's something I can appreciate and respect. I agree, hopefully, we'll have a beer someday and acknowledge neither of us is as evil as we may come off. Cheers.

RS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to know if I was the only one who COMPLETELY disagrees with this statement. It makes me wonder, who is Brad Christian to say that his opinion counts for the intirety of the magic community?

I really enjoyed that. That really did make me laugh. Brad Christian's word was all but worthless to me before I read that, but now all I have is disdain. He has no right to say ANYTHING (much less something negative) about a real magic "power". I use the term "power" in that David Blaine has inspired an unfathomably large amount of people to get into magic and has CLEARLY shown he is adept at the art AND, more importantly, what it stands for. Infinitely moreso than Brad Christian.

I don't even know if I can hold back the negativity I feel for Brad right now. David Blaine a joke? Any "professional" who makes a claim like that about another professional is more of a joke than anyone else in the magic world.

Trent.

Sep 20, 2008
I'd have to agree 100% with Morgician.

Though it'd be quite pointless in quoting and supporting him in instances i reckon. He explains himself well. and has said points that has enlightened me more.

On a sidenote, i literally went "BRAD CHRISTIAN? what the F***!" when i saw his name on that article.

Sorry, but i think he's an idiot. just a personal opinion.

I'd have to agree 100% with Morgician.

Though it'd be quite pointless in quoting and supporting him in instances i reckon. He explains himself well. and has said points that has enlightened me more.

On a sidenote, i literally went "BRAD CHRISTIAN? what the F***!" when i saw his name on that article.

Sorry, but i think he's an idiot. just a personal opinion.

Have any of you even bothered to read MoJoe13's post with the link to the iTricks article?

I take it the answer is no.

Maybe y'all should take a quick look before continuing the bashing.

Rabid

Aug 23, 2008
i think at this point, its like people are rooting for Blaine to fail. so concerned they are with the 'outcome' of his stunts that they overlook the reason David makes these attempts in the first place. which is really the point he tries to drive home each and every time. It certainly takes more courage to put oneself out there, knowing full well, that you may fail, than to just hide away in whats safe.

I have to agree with JB, in that, its really a shame that people discount Blaine's incredible close-up work, in favor of criticizing his stunts.

Personally, I was never really taken with the stunts, but was always drawn in by the magic. I would love to see Blaine come back with another special focused entirely on the magic, like his first two specials.

Lets just hope that ABC has not given up on him despite all the bad press he has received lately.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yeah I read his post Rabid... To be honest I'm not sure what to say. To say now is moot, to say again is moot, to say to this world in general is moot, but that's pretty much what the media does.

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
Yeah I read his post Rabid... To be honest I'm not sure what to say. To say now is moot, to say again is moot, to say to this world in general is moot, but that's pretty much what the media does.

If you're still not sure what to say, you might try, "Looks like I was premature in my judgment of why more and more magicians hate Ellusionist." That's just me.

But you touch on another point: This wasn't "the media" that quoted Brad Christian so wrongly, badly and out-of-context...ly. This was Rachel Syme, a reporter for Page Six Magazine of the New York Post. To be fair to Syme, I don't know if she is responsible for the spin of her story, or her editor (I've had my stories changed by an editor, and it sucks). But here's the thing: Every interview I do for my day job nets me so many good quotes — so many that I know not all of them will make it in to a news story that I write. So I choose my quotes carefully, attribute them properly and ensure they are placed in proper context. Most importantly: I write quotes and news stories so that I can meet my sources face-to-face WITHOUT SHAME after it appears in print.

My colleagues and coworkers feel exactly the same way I do. So do many of the reporters in daily and weekly newspapers around the country. The number of responsible journalists in this country easily drowns the number of bad ones. Yet, the bad ones ruin our collective reputation.

I am proud of my journalistic ethics, and would gladly put them on trial any day of the week — despite the damage caused by stories such as Syme's.

My ethics about posting on a magic forum while at work? Not as strong, man. Not as strong. :D

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Looks like I was premature in my judgment of why more and more magicians hate Ellusionist? If you say so. Can you blame the reactions that came from that quote?

Notwithstanding your carefully worded swipe though, it is true that it could well be the editor rather than Syme personally responsible for the angle of the article. I'm sure you're very proud of your ethics but I can't say the same for the media as a collective.

I believe that it does not necessarily take a majority of journalists the majority of the time acting unethically to validate the generalisation that "the media" acted unethically. What sells a newspaper is not the article about the long lost cousin of some celebrity, it's not the daily crossword, it's the headline and the frontpage. Needless to say, a headline is but a small portion of a newspaper, yet what it represents in terms of the paper as a product is larger than its physical presence.

Rather, it is enough for me to see unethical practices happening with frequency to brand "the media" under a generalisation. Yeah sure, a generalisation will tread on a few toes. Oh well. Develop thicker skin.

Now that I've used a general term. "The media." Does that mean your collective reputation is ruined? That's rubbish. I can understand you rushing to defend your profession most certainly. But me calling "the media" unethical, based on numerous personal experiences, doesn't in the least affect how I view your blog posts.

Half your post deals with your own ethics. That's great man, it's good to see. I have nothing against that I continue to have nothing against that. I use a generalisation to address and bring attention to a problem I feel is important because it is more widespread than I'd like. By branding said problem as one of "the media" though, do I actually believe that you and all of your colleagues with your fine journalistic integrity is compromised? Of course not. Do I now have the same disillusioned perspective on the Ellusionist website's blog? That's laughable, I don't care enough about it to be disillusioned, to be perfectly honest.

So look, in a nutshell. There is enough unethical behaviour for me to throw the general stick at it. But the stick isn't big enough to hit you personally in the face. And my aim with the stick is good. Even if you feel the wind of the stick though, it's not personal, and it's very different from getting hit by it.

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
Looks like I was premature in my judgment of why more and more magicians hate Ellusionist? If you say so. Can you blame the reactions that came from that quote?

No, I cant blame you — that's exactly why the misquote was so damaging. But that doesn't cancel out the fact that people passed judgment on Brad based on incorrect info. Wasn't meant to be a swipe... just a nudge.

I believe that it does not necessarily take a majority of journalists the majority of the time acting unethically to validate the generalisation that "the media" acted unethically... <snip> ... Rather, it is enough for me to see unethical practices happening with frequency to brand "the media" under a generalisation. Yeah sure, a generalisation will tread on a few toes.

Exactly. A small minority damages the reputation of all, which is why you felt completely comfortable and justified blaming "the media" for one magazine's gaff. Sadly, following that notion to its logical end is just me navel-gazing and soothing my wounded pride. I thought my skin was pretty thick already, but maybe it needs even more thickening. How sickening.

However, this is an important distinction not because of my feelings, or in pride of my profession (although I have both), but because of the snap judgments made in the wake of the misquote. Yeah, there is a lot of unethical journalism out there. But it was only one journalist, working for one magazine, responsible for this. Jonathan Bayme, at the beginning of this thread, gave us some fairly obvious clues that the story wouldn't be so reliable. Yet some spat fairly harsh criticisms based on inaccurate information. All I'm sayin'.

Looks like I was premature in my judgment of why more and more magicians hate Ellusionist?

From all the snooping around internet forums I've done in the last few years, it would seem that most of the 'magicians' that hate Ellusionist, aren't magicians at all, rather wannabe forum Gods who think that just cos' they can do a DL and have bought the latest effect, it makes them a magician.

Which it doesn't.

People seem to hate Ellusionist for teaching magic to young people, and yet ironically, a major percentage of the forum brigade that rag on E and say things like 'Screw em', tHey onLY teach the nOOb...and I hAte NoobS, they ruin the mAjic...' are under 15.

Sad? You betcha' balls.

Everyone starts somewhere, and look at it this way...get a kid who wants to learn and teach em' right and you have a mind that has more years to become great...and potentially create somehting that us older minds may wanna' buy.

'Magicians' hating E....****, what a joke.

No offence to you Praetoritevong....love ya' to pieces.

Actually...wrong thing to say, have a manly handshake instead.

Rabid

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
No offense taken guys, from either of you - handshakes all round, certainly. Mo, I will certainly admit that I am biased against "the media" per se; I'm an actor and have certainly more than my fair share of snubs from articles. That said, the criticisms are there, but what I was trying to say is that while I apply the criticisms generally, I don't, in my mind, hold that criticism generally - that is to say, while I apply the term loosely to something I greatly dislike, my actual dislike is not at all applied loosely, and certainly I have the greatest respect towards you and the majority of the media. In my mind, I retain dislike for certain sections and elements of the media, and while I in public term it as the generalised "the media", in my personal opinion I certainly don't dislike "the media" by large. Hence the majority of the media's reputation isn't damaged, at least in my mind. Although, in terms of the forum of public perception at large, I can certainly understand your concerns and I do admit how my comments could be construed to commit to them. From a personal perspective, I certainly did not mean to imply that the majority of journalists are unethical, or deride the media at large, or any such thing, but for their potential in the public arena, I apologise.

Rabid, again, of course no offense taken. Actually, I rather agree. A lot of "magicians" don't deserve the term at all, and especially the "wannabe forum Gods" - yeah, I totally agree with that happening man. In fact, I'm pretty much in agreement with most of your post. E DVDs were the first ones I ever owned, and although I have grown from being a clueless sap, I don't particularly hate E; there are some elements that I occasionally dislike, but I agree with your post, in its entirety, in fact.

I think that my comments re: magicians essentially stemmed from an initial reaction to the comments. I did not wish to apologise for it because I read Mo's tone a little differently in his first post, and also because I felt that the judgment I made was not unreasonable based on the information I had been given. Nonetheless, I should have looked before I leaped, so to speak, and in this context, when all is said and done, I'm happy to offer handshakes and apologise for my comments (as opposed to half a dozen people who just wordlessly abandoned the thread when shown wrong >.>).

Again, no offense was ever intended Mo, and to both Rabid and Mo, handshakes and you both retain (and always have held) my respect.

Peace

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
I'm an actor and have certainly more than my fair share of snubs from articles.

Ugh... critics... I hate them with a passion. :D I'm so glad my newspaper doesn't hire any.

S'all good, brothaman... thanks for reading past my snittiness and getting to the heart of what I was trying to say. I could have written my point a lot better than I did.

baller08

Banned
Sep 21, 2008
RS...well written post...unfortunately I have to agree with you on the public assessment of his image. The public may very well turn the tide to the positive if David can do something that will earn their respect again. The ones on here that love him will love him no matter what...but it's the public perception that counts in his field of work.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results