David Blaine :: Split Spade : The Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2755

I hate hidden links.... i found something hidden on that page but i cant figure out what to do with it.... argh this is frustrating.... anyway, pretty cool. :)

-Doug

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
thats the first time you see any of the faces super clearly!
that took me a lot of work

Sep 3, 2007
It's funny I looked at that King and thought they don't usually look so mean right? Then look down at my desk and the same king in bicycle format was looking up at me with a confused look. It could be a joke, they look like David Blaine eyebrows.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
I never ended up buying a deck of Centurions, after the treasure hunt. Mainly because I didn't like the design one bit. HOWEVER, this is the first time in a while I have been very excited about a deck of cards. Seriously, WOW!

danwhite

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
All,

Full info will be released with the final unveiling of the deck, but I wanted to offer some insights. DB and our team went to great lengths to make sure this deck was a worthy successor to the last edition of the Split Spades. The deck has numerous new design changes by Mark Stutzman, DB, and myself. The box is all new; the back design is revised; the Ace of Spades is entirely new, and the Joker as well. Not only are these the best looking edition of the Split Spades, they are the best feeling ones as well.

Danny G, Dan and Dave, JB, Mckenzie, and everyone else that has touched the deck has said the same thing : they feel amazing-- and they last. We've been putting these things through some pretty rough performing conditions and their durability is incredible.

There are a few other great aspects about these cards that ill save for you to figure out.

Peace,
Dan White

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
All,

Full info will be released with the final unveiling of the deck, but I wanted to offer some insights. DB and our team went to great lengths to make sure this deck was a worthy successor to the last edition of the Split Spades. The deck has numerous new design changes by Mark Stutzman, DB, and myself. The box is all new; the back design is revised; the Ace of Spades is entirely new, and the Joker as well. Not only are these the best looking edition of the Split Spades, they are the best feeling ones as well.

Danny G, Dan and Dave, JB, Mckenzie, and everyone else that has touched the deck has said the same thing : they feel amazing-- and they last. We've been putting these things through some pretty rough performing conditions and their durability is incredible.

There are a few other great aspects about these cards that ill save for you to figure out.

Peace,
Dan White

First, I'm having a total geek moment because Dan White actually posted on the forums.

OMG!

Second, sounds good. If DannyG likes them, I like them. I definitely think the Ace of Spades should be the DB logo

David

Feb 2, 2008
OK, I've got to say this - I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THESE HOT 'NEW' DECKS :mad:

When did this all start? I mean, these are just regular cards, no? 52 cards + 2 jokers, that's all. As long as they are printed by the USPCC they are fine.

David Blaine became the most recognized magician in the world, and one of the most inspiring ones, just with a deck of regular Bicycles!

So I say
icon13.gif
to his new deck, and to Dan and Dave's new deck, and to T11 new deck and to Ellusionist new deck, and to all previously released 'new' decks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
what realm are you talking about here?
flourishing has existed forever now
and there, people used fancy decks the entire time
have you seen the 4 colored fanning decks?
fancy cards are nothing new
and they enhance the performance of a flourisher
magic on the other hand is a different story
i dont think a custom deck is at all beneficial
that is
there isnt a single benefit to using any current non-gaffed custom deck
they need to pull up their pants and get some things right
i find tallyhos perfect
a lot of people find bikes perfect
so why mess with that?
and stop claiming your cards have better quality
everybody knows that its a marketing strategy to excuse the _insane_ overpricing
all quality improvements, if any, are so small they are insignificant
what they need to do is take tallyhos or bikes as they are
and repaint them to something more flashy
and increase the price by a small amount
im really tired of these 5$ decks that are not at all better than tallys
come on now

and why are gaff cards so expensive?
its the same printer

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
In my opinion, these new decks are made to suit the liking for everyone out there.

For example:
Some decks might have texture that are too smooth/rough for us.
Some decks might be very durable while some might wear out easily.
Some decks might have bad cutting.

Even though there are new/special edition decks,no one is forced into buying it.I don't see a reason not to print a custom deck.If you don't see any advantages in buying a custom deck,then don't buy it.

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
i agree only with the first line
if by liking you mean liking ONLY how they look
because durability is a marketing gimmick
they dont last significantly longer (if at all)
the design is the only polarizing factor between custom decks
every other physical quality of the cards gets completely overshadowed with nonsensical marketing bs
not to mention that they make the decks 5$ + insane shipping costs relative to the price of a deck
its _very_ cost prohibitive if you want to get one of each just to see which one is best for you
and even if you fork over all the cash you will most likely be disappointed
because most custom decks are exactly the same except the look

there was a topic on this already
but i really think they need to quit with this bs
because im done buying custom decks
they market them solely towards newbies who need confidence boosts
when they start treating me as an intelligent person
who has handled cards for a very long time
and actually give me valuable information about the deck
(other than an overload of pictures of it)
i will reconsider

whenever i see a new release i hope they dont fudge it up
but they always do
maybe lions are different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results