David Blaine's new stunt titled "Electrified"

Nov 14, 2011
David Blaine released details on his next endurance stunt. Titled Electrified, the event promises to send one million volts through db for three days straight.

It will take place October 5th through the 8th at Pier 54 in Manhattan.

but.... He sure does some crazy stunts. Wonder if he'll be sterile after this.

Feb 7, 2011
It's the amperage that kills you not the voltage. So 1 million volts might not be lethal at all, depending on the amperage.

I feel like with the proper clothing and whatnot the voltage wouldn't be that dangerous, more just a feat of enduring the annoyance of constantly being zapped for 3 days. The visual element should be interesting, however.

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
I'm assuming that with this new special he'll have footage of him performing for people like always? That's what interests me the most, not really the stunts.

Well yes... amps are what kills you and less than 10 miliamps is all that's required to be lethal, but that kind of juice going through your system can restart, upset, or disrupt your heart. This isn't short of dangerous unless he's got this thing gaffed somehow.

Dec 29, 2011
Well yes... amps are what kills you and less than 10 miliamps is all that's required to be lethal, but that kind of juice going through your system can restart, upset, or disrupt your heart. This isn't short of dangerous unless he's got this thing gaffed somehow.

I doubt he has it gaffed, this is a endurance stunt isn't it, as opposed to a trick?

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
I wish David would just leave Criss Angel's stunts alone. Criss Angel did Submerged, the Bullet Catch, the Tesla Coil all before Blaine's escapades in oneupmanship (Drowned Alive, What is Magic (Dive of Death redit), and Electrified.

Criss Angel did it first.

Dec 29, 2011
I wish David would just leave Criss Angel's stunts alone. Criss Angel did Submerged, the Bullet Catch, the Tesla Coil all before Blaine's escapades in oneupmanship (Drowned Alive, What is Magic (Dive of Death redit), and Electrified.

Blaine has done several stunts that are nothing like what Criss has done. Also, Criss is not the first person to do the Bulltet Catch or anything like submerged.

Nov 8, 2007

History--it's your friend.

This is why I encourage reading up on magic history and biographies of magicians in the past. The bullet catch and underwater stunts have been around for well over 100 years.

Oct 2, 2012
I also remember something about Blaine saying that his next special was suppose to be all magic no stunts, that it was going to be on NBC, that this would be his last special and that and it was suppose to be in May. I also recall him starting to train for a diving stunt that was going to be 180ft in the air last year? Hard to follow him at times.

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
Blaine has done several stunts that are nothing like what Criss has done. Also, Criss is not the first person to do the Bulltet Catch or anything like submerged.

Yes I know that. But David Blaine's latest stunts with the exception of the upside down stunt were done by Criss Angel first. Who did anything like Submerged?

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
This is why I encourage reading up on magic history and biographies of magicians in the past. The bullet catch and underwater stunts have been around for well over 100 years.

I don't think we're typing about the same things. i.e. The way in which Criss and then David performed the Bullet Catch is only around 32 years old. Carl Skenes did it on That's Incredible in 1980. What other magician's have performed underwater endurance stunts with scuba gear in the same ilk as Criss and David?

Dec 29, 2011
I don't think we're typing about the same things. i.e. The way in which Criss and then David performed the Bullet Catch is only around 32 years old. Carl Skenes did it on That's Incredible in 1980. What other magician's have performed underwater endurance stunts with scuba gear in the same ilk as Criss and David?

Well there you go, Criss Angel didn't do it first anyway. The majority of Blaine's stunts are nothing like the few Criss has done. David Blaine is not the first to do his other stunts too, he intentionally does famous stunts, he is not the first to go without food or water, without sleep, without sitting down, without air or without anything else. Besides what Blaine is doing with the Tesla coil is quite different to what Criss did anyway.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results