David Blaine's Split Spades Lions - There's a difference!

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ok...so I just purchased one of each colour deck, and I opened them all to find something very odd...

The blue deck comes in a weird stack, includes 2 joker cards, 1 box art card with a regular split spades back, and a logic card with the split spades back. The flap on the box says "Off By One"...I'm assuming it has something to do with the stack. The same stack is used in his personal stock of cards that were for sale with his autograph (I won one back at the Lee Asher thing in Toronto).

The red deck comes in normal deck order with 2 jokers, the split spades lions box art on one side of a card with a normal split spades on the back, and a logic card with the split spades back. On the flap of the box it says, "Great thoughts reduced to practice become great acts - Hazlitt".

The black deck comes in a normal deck order with only 1 joker, a double backer, and the logic card with the split spades back. It has the same quote as the red deck box. Why does the black deck only come with 1 joker?

Anyone have any clue as to what the stack is and what to do with it, please PM me.

Also, anyone figure out any of the logic riddles? I got the second one, and #3....the rest are just too hard to figure out right now.

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
My black deck came with two jokers. The stack in the blue deck is intentional. And the jack of clubs looks a lot like me. I think this thread, which is written by a brilliant master of the language, will answer a lot of your questions.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
I was under the impression that it is the Mnemonica stack--or something that is very close to it. (Perhaps 'off by one'.)

Off by one is an out for prediction. You have predicted the seven of diamonds, and spectator choses six of diamonds. Then you just show "Off by one". It is also very useful in dice stacking.

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Off by one is an out for prediction. You have predicted the seven of diamonds, and spectator choses six of diamonds. Then you just show "Off by one". It is also very useful in dice stacking.

How do you know that? And why is it the diamonds? :)

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Yes, it is Mnemonica Stack. A brilliant addition to the deck. Yes, definitely a lot of confusing mysteries with these. Hopefully they will all be discovered soon!

And he was just giving an example using diamonds. It can be any cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results