David Stone - Wow

Sep 30, 2007
Well, David Stone is I think one of the best magicians out there. His output, presentation, and experience all contribute this. The Real Secrets of Magic is a fantastic set. I just finished watching it and it is challenging in some ways, but just fun to perform, also. Don't you just love the risk involved with pure misdirection? I admire how much he uses it. I cant wait for his next project,
"Real Secrets Vol.3" would be awesome. He is not as frequently discussed as the big guys like Sankey, Wayne etc. which is a shame given his great effects. What do you guys think about David?

Sep 1, 2007
David Stone is awesome.. I have the Real Secret to Magic and it is so amazing.. the teaching is clean, clear, and easy to understand, and his performances are like WOW
I agree David Stone is a great Magician

I think David Stone is a great performer. I don't think he ranks up there with Sankey in my oppinion, but he has made his mark in the magic world. I would say he's one of the top resturaunt magicians out there though.

Not one of my favs, but I give him props...

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
he is great imagine how good he would be if his english was better ( i am not trying to offend but somtimes it is difficult to understand) He must be amazing in french

Sep 2, 2007
Stockholm Sweden
David Stone is also in my opinion one of the best ones out there. I had the great plesure to se him live at Magic Weekend. Both his performannce and his seminar was fantastic.

Aug 31, 2007
David Stone is the bomb. When I first watched Real Secrets of Magic, I was amazed at how fluid his handling is. Incredibly smooth and everything flowed nicely (he seems like a very suave French guy haha ). I picked up Vol. 2 the first day it came out prior to any reviews since I knew just how great the first volume was.

If you want to see how great his handlings are, check out his take on the card to mouth plot (French Kiss) in Volume 2. He is definitely one of my favorite magicians now.

Sep 10, 2007
I absolutely love his style. His stuff is fantastic and he is very quickly becoming one of my favorite magicians.

Sep 12, 2007
Normandy, FRANCE
Il est trop fort !

Well, the Real Secrets of Magic (Vol. 1 & 2) are maybe the best DVDs I ever bought. I know you've probably read this thousands of time, but think about it : not only do you get a lot of tricks (I think there are 20 on the first and 15 on the second) that are REALLY practical if you perform for money (almost no props) and have a very strong impact, but you also get first hand tips about a man that makes a really good living out of his magic. I know it might be a little difficult for english people to understand everything he says (I heard his french accent, it's terrible), but as I'm french tooI don't have this kind of problem :D (at last, a quality french DVD !)

E

elliotcarver

David Stone is my favorite magician.
His presentation and technique are superb. That's what makes a good close-up magician.
His 2 DVD's are from superiour production quality.

He's really the best.

Sep 1, 2007
Its odd how alot of people only just started to talk about him when E started carrying his dvds (personally wish they didnt), despite the fact he has 2 videos on coin magic later transferred to DVD which had been out for years. Not just that but they've been best sellers. Plus hes also regarded as having one of the best retention vanishes out there. Then theres also that FISM award

Just a few things to think about.

In case you've missed the point, im basically saying broaden your horizons in terms of where you get your 'magic info' and news and stop constantly looking for the greatest and newest trick out, theres plenty of real gems available if you care to look. The only way to become a better magician is to experience as much magic as possible, read as much as you can, meet and talk to as many people as you can etc

That is of course if you are serious about magic and you dont have to be a pro to be serious about magic.

Sorry if that seems like a rant it just seemed to flow from what i was first saying and then i couldnt stop it.

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
although some of his tricks i will never use (bottle production) i still love is friendly attitude (unless you maker him angry) and his lovely appearance (i did hear from a friend that he has a speech problem) but i still love his magic and his presentation

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results