David Williamson vid, what is this move?

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
same move used in Dan and Dave's PORTAL, im more interested in the Spring Production, but its only available in Channel volume 6, which is near impossible to get

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Yea that was very nice looking.

Does it teach (in AoA 2) how to do the pop out move with the whole deck like David did? In Andthensome, dan (or dave, can't remember which) teaches it only with half the deck, with a small spread on top.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yep, that's the Srechko pop out, it's taught in the context of a floating deck effect in AoA, It uses the whole deck. Of course, if you want to get into it like David does in this video, you'll have to practice for a long time. I've been doing it for years now and mine is still nowhere near as smooth as his. I have an idea how that spring production works, what year was it published? Just wondering if this is older or if it's new and David's thinking is still as diabolical as ever :)

Also, I have a question- Anyone know what that spin out move is at the beginning?

Lafferty

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
the Spring Production is Steve Forte's, its rather old, the Srechko pop out isn't that hard. Ive been working at it for a couple weeks, i think practicing Portal and the be kind change for months helped me adapt it but its not as hard as some stuff. The first spin out thing i dont know of any source, it might be his own original move, but i think i have the method down, its another thing i've been playing with for a few weeks. As far as productions go its ok, but i think there are better out there.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
The Srechko move isn't that difficult technically, but the 'get ready' if you will is difficult to get as smooth and seamless as Dave does it. I believe Lee Asher's handling is quite startling too. I just really like the look of the spin out, it just looks like a nice in the hands alternative to the benzais spin out. I'm into collecting moves really, haha.

Lafferty

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
yeah i agree, dave is crazy smooth. About The spin out move, from what i have played around with and what i observed, it DOES come of the top of the deck, although it looks like its coming from the middle, its all about the pinky. Take another look at the move with that in mind and see if it helps.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Cheers for the tip man! It seems like something that a million people would have come up with independently, I'll just play around with what I can make out.

Thanks again!

Lafferty

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
He's nothing like Dan and Dave.. Most of what David Williamson does is usually visual, but doesn't really on overly complicated sleight of hand.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results