DDD Dirty digital dissolve :)

Oct 4, 2007
Yeah im kind of new to magic and very new to the forum.
just wanted to know
how can i clean my "set" of DD coins?

Sep 2, 2007
DO NOT LISTEN TO THE ABOVE POSTS

Its Recomended that you do not clean coins but if you have too make sure its not worth alot and...

Hot Water pressure and a vinyl Eraser

And If the coin is ABSOLUTELY FILTHY

Put it in a glass of pepsi,coke(the soda coke),or Cola for an hour or wth the whole night.

TRUST ME

When your done then you can polish it with coin polish

What in the hell is wrong with cleaning normal Half Dollars and English Pennys? You're right that cleaning coins is not reccomended for collectible coins that you are collecting and/or selling because it could harm their value.

Of course I wouldn't clean the gimmick, but there is NOTHING wrong with cleaning normal, ungimmicked coins if they are not collectibles (see, I can write in big annoying letters too ;) ). And normal half dollars and english pennies are not collectibles and are not worth anything more than their legal value (50 cents and 1 old penny sterling). Well, unless they're old or rare, but the ones you get with Digital Dissolve are not old or rare. So clean away!

That being said, cleaning coins with metal cleaner is generally not recommended, but I'm not sure why. Toothpaste works fine for me, but if you're really CRAZY about not causing any damage to your normal everyday half dollar and english penny, follow the steps here.

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
heres what i do...becasue i like my coins shiny :)

i took my dremel, plugged it into the variable speed controller, set it to a slow speed, put on the cloth cleaning head, added a little polishing comound that came with the head, and shined away.
after i thought it looked pretty good, i took this stuff called never-dull. it is the most amazing polish in the world. you can get it at home depot r w/e. i shined it all up, wiped it down and boom the shiniest digital dissovle out there!

Sep 9, 2007
For a sec, I thought your thread title said Dirty Dish Dispenser...

For cleaning the coins, soak the coins in soapy water then rinse or put them in a glass of diet coke.

Sep 1, 2007
Beirut Lebanon
^
Yes DIET coke is necesary since you dont want your coin to get fat. =/
Does it have to do with the acidity of the drink? does sugar ruin coins ?

Sep 2, 2007
Does it have to do with the acidity of the drink? does sugar ruin coins ?
It has to do with the ph level, acidity, of the Coke, or any soda, but more with it's composition. I'm sure if you google it, you can find out the specific chemical reasons.

Moreover, you don't want to leave your coins in the Coke for too long because it can ruin them.

I would suggest submitting a support ticket to find out what is recommended before trying any experiments.

Cheers,
JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results