Dee Christopher's Telekinetic Tin

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
TK TIN is not the official working title of the effect, merely the 'codename' i'm using!

So. Dee gave me this effect a few weeks ago, with two or three conditions.

-Don't perform this 'til you have it DOWN.

-Don't knock it 'til you try it.

-write a full and frank review for the pre-release.

This is not my full review, just a brief overview.
D did ask that I attacked the write up with integrity and give an unbiased view. We're friend's, and I think D may have been worried that i'd be too 'nice' in my reviewing the effect. Luckily, I'm a sh1t so he needn't have worried!

So. the effect is, you take a spectator's OPENED but NOT EMPTIED can from them. Placing it on the table in front of you, you begin making passes around it with your mystical hand's... and it begins to crawl across the table apparently of it's own accord.
The effect does not entail the use of threads, magnets, compressed air blasts, gimmicks of any kind, and yet really can look as clean as it sounds.

D knows I love bold material. He knows I love material that not everybody will be brave enough to try. And he knows I adore impromptu stuff. I can only assume he knew I would love this (but, then, he reads mind's a lot.)

All I can say at this point, is that you should keep a little money aside for when D does release this (SOON), because you WILL want to pick this up.

CL

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Yo,

When you see the video, you may have an inkling of how you think it may be performed. When you see it live you will have no clue.

It's the most devious thing I've ever invented and there are VERY few people around the world who know the full workings - It makes use of a couple of ideas, when I presented Steve Fearson with the effect maybe 6 months ago when I was considering release he said I should release it as a new concept in magic.

I'm not going to give any further details, but I wouldn't bother guessing, the secret is:

PSYCHOLOGY, SCIENCE AND ULTIMATE DECEPTION.

I'll leave it up to Chris how much he discloses about the effect, the project which includes Sh..I mean the TK Can is currently in preproduction and will be out this year..

D.

D

Deleted member 2755

Despite the fact this is not a full review, it's somewhat of a review so I'm moving it to the review section of the site.

Sounds great Dee! I don't own any of your stuff, but I heard you have some really cool stuff. I look forward to seeing more of this! :D

-Doug

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Thanks for the kind words Doug - I'm sure you'll stumble across some of my stuff at some point!

On 24magic.com in the technique section is an except from my book Proximity Effects - it's the Synthetic Arc technique, my solution to those spoons that you just can't bend!

...Or perhaps are too expensive to do so....

D.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
The effect is cool. Very cool. The method is also, very cool.

It is so subtle and so deceptive, that if you get the right spectator's, you may just have to fight off a group of disciples.

This is very nice, and D could get quite the pretty penny for this concept alone. it's the kind of thing preofessional's dream of keeping in the underground, but D is a very generous contributor to the marketplace.

As an aside, check out the mindlapse gear, very cool threads!

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results