Derren Brown's "The System"

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
I'm not sure if it'll be on again - but I'll bet there's a repeat on More 4 or some other Freeview/Sky channel.

It was basically where Derren Brown e-mailed a girl, giving her tips on horses - part of a TV show. She placed money on the horse, and won. She did it again on another race, and won. She ended up winning 5 races in a row, using Derren Brown's "System" - a way of winning at the horses, 100% guaranteed.

Derren explained the method, and it is true, it's 100% guaranteed. He takes the concept and uses it on a coin - he says "I'm gonna flip a coin and I'll bet it'll land heads ten times in a row" - and it did. It's the same concept.

Brilliant show. PM me if you want details on how its done :) (Not like it's a big secret or anything, he announced it on national TV :p)

~The Emogician~

Jan 9, 2008
Sacramento
when i saw it wasnt on in the US i was like god DAMN it! boooo all you UK peeps and your darren brown genius!

kevin

Aug 31, 2007
You can go and watch it on youtube. Just type in Derren Brown The System and the links will pop up.

Matthew Mello

Last edited by a moderator:
I also saw this show last night, it was superb to say the least. Like all of Derren's specials, I was gobsmacked and thoroughly enjoyed every minute -- it left me thinking about it for a long while after the show aired. However, I do admit that by the time the coin-tossing sequence appeared alongside the "Probability" performance, I had a pretty good idea of how this system worked. Needless to say, by the end I was a little dissapointed that no "real" system was created; but in the back of my kind I knew it would not be possible - at least not to broadcast on TV. Bookies and the entire profit-making economy regarding horse racing would be finished and put to a stand-still.

All-in-all I would recommend anyone to check out the programme; whether it be for interesting information or general entertainment. :)

Jordan

Nov 4, 2007
I really wanted to see this, oh well. Hopefully they'll start broadcasting his specials here in the US. Something Wicked was seriously one of the best magic specials I've ever seen.

If anyone here fancies downloading this Derren Brown special to their hard drive, just send me a PM and I will provide you with a couple of Rapidshare links. There are four links containing four separate videos; thus missing the commercials. Using WinRAR, you can combine the four clips into one complete video worth 350 MB. :)

Jordan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results