De'vo's Secret books Review

Sep 1, 2007
It was my opinion on De'vo, not a question. So I didn't want your grabbing attention in the first place, just to state my OPINION. And I know that was sarcasm, just so you know :p. haha.

Nobody states an opinion unless they want someone to hear it. And I wasn't being sarcastic. You have my attention, which is what you wanted. What did you plan to do once you got it? What's next?

Dec 14, 2007
I don't really know De'vo, but I was the first person to interview him for a major magic media outlet. I also watched this whole notion of "flourishing" take hold as an idea, swell into a movement, and evolve into a mainstream genre.

I can tell you, none of that would have happened had it not been for De'vo. Love him or hate him, without his vision and presence none of this would have turned out or into the thing that it did.

Brad Henderson

Jul 13, 2009
So wait... this book is supposed to be underground, yet it was on a file-sharing site? :confused:

Literally rolls on the floor LAUGHING!

Underground my left foot. Like I stated before, if it's on the internet, it ain't underground.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Literally rolls on the floor LAUGHING!

Underground my left foot. Like I stated before, if it's on the internet, it ain't underground.

Haha, yeah... I know! But still, it doesn't make sense. Why release your underground material, if you want it be underground?

Jul 13, 2009
Haha, yeah... I know! But still, it doesn't make sense. Why release your underground material, if you want it be underground?

Money and I firmly believe underground is slapped on to products to make them seem more exclusive, mysterious, and unknown. What that basically translates into is hype and just the right amount of hype=MONEY.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Money and I firmly believe underground is slapped on to products to make them seem more exclusive, mysterious, and unknown. What that basically translates into is hype and just the right amount of hype=MONEY.

Aww... yes, good point.

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
Devo probably said to bumblebee you have to buy the book cause its underground so he can get some more money in his pocket.

Putting underground on products or something mysterious or the like is just marketing, hype is also marketing, lots of magicians in the past have "hyped" their skills....dont see why its a problem now.

Dec 28, 2008
I don't really know De'vo, but I was the first person to interview him for a major magic media outlet. I also watched this whole notion of "flourishing" take hold as an idea, swell into a movement, and evolve into a mainstream genre.

I can tell you, none of that would have happened had it not been for De'vo. Love him or hate him, without his vision and presence none of this would have turned out or into the thing that it did.

Brad Henderson

doesn't mean he has to blab on about it 24/7... and anyway, there are only like 10 people left on Handlordz, who haven't been banned or left. I find that so amusing.

Sep 1, 2007
Putting underground on products or something mysterious or the like is just marketing, hype is also marketing, lots of magicians in the past have "hyped" their skills....dont see why its a problem now.

People are only against hype when it's used by someone they don't like. They're not against the concept of hype itself, they're just annoyed that some ******* is doing something again.

doesn't mean he has to blab on about it 24/7... and anyway, there are only like 10 people left on Handlordz, who haven't been banned or left. I find that so amusing.

No one's saying you have to like him as a person.

DE’VO’S SECRET BOOKS VOL. 1 ( Second Edition, Hardbound)
De'vo's Secret Books as a project is a 3 volume collection of De’vo’s early underground material from the 1970s to current day. This first release, Volume #1, is a re-release of four of De’vo’s favorite early underground ideas from his early publications. Some of this material has been kept in the underground for more than 20 years! For the first time since the highly underground "Motions" DVD, De’vo is releasing his Motions concept with the basic Motions (S.) routine! The focus of this book is the basics of Motions and could have been its own book, however De’vo decided to include three other items for you to include his legendary "Demon Claw". All items are in their most simple forms, and gives you the ability to come up with your own routines using the ideas and routines contained within. They are all taught in great detail.

De'vo first made 100 "Limited Edition" leather bound books that were sold out in just hours. Occasionally they can be found between $350-$3000 on Ebay if you are so lucky. Because of the huge demand for this rare underground material, De'vo has made 2nd hard bound editions. The initial run of 50 were sold out within 24 hours. More 2nd editions have just arrived and are signed by De'vo himself.

De'vo's Secret Books Volume #1 - 2nd Edition - Price: $85.00 + shipping. Specs - 175 pages- 6 x 9 size. Black and white, hardbound. Only here the books are signed by De'vo himself and can be personalized upon request. And only if you order from us you will receive access to the Secret Books Forum!

CONTENTS

Chapter #1 - THE SECRETS OF THE DEMON CLAW - One of the most powerful and versatile card positions ever created! The full range of motions of the Demon Claw has challenged even the best manipulators for many years. The Demon Claw is the basic foundation for much of De’vo’s underground material. Until now it has remained in De'vo's secret circles. Learn one of his most secretive items. The Demon Claw is taught from the very basics and in great detail.

Chapter #2 - THE PIANO ROUTINE - De'vo's transformation routine -This is a great demonstration of "performing" versus "demonstrating" to evoke your thought processes of what performing is. Learn the tools to create your very own Piano routine and entertain your audiences.

Chapter #3 – MOTIONS - Yes, this is what many of you have been waiting for! The re-release of De’vo’s highly underground "Motions" Concept. Within the very large range of Motions as a concept, De’vo has included one of his very first "Motions" routines entitled the "S." Routine. The "Motions" DVD was released in 2005 and sold out in 10 minutes for $150.00 each. The S. routine is one of the most simple and celebrated Motions routines. It is taught very simply and in great detail to make sure that you understand the very basics of the "Motion" concept. With the basic concepts, you will be able to create your own complete routines.

Chapter #4 - THE RING INFINITI - A wicked variation of De’vo’s “De’ Ring” material. Learn one of his earliest and favorite De' Ring variations and several variations.

REPRESENT THE UNDERGROUND and learn some of De'vo's greatest underground concepts!

Also be sure to pick up one of our very comfortable "Secret Book Hoodies" with sketches from De'vo's Secret Books.

You can't even tell us what kind of tricks they are even though they're on the website?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results