Digital Dissolve Angles

Underneath you is the ONLY bad angle. Everything else is completely covered at all times.

EDIT: As usual, no idea what I'm talking about. Ignore this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007
Underneath you is the ONLY bad angle. Everything else is completely covered at all times.

Erring on the side of caution, are we?

Digital Dissolve does not have many bad angles. The trick can be performed with people around you, forming a 270 degree angle, which means that it's not recommended that people are directly behind you.

The bad angles can easily be controlled, as people want to see the effect, and therefore should be in front of you, not behind. I'm sure that it's covered by Dan White in the DVD.

Cheers,
JTM

Ah, what would I do without you Jack. I just got out my coins and Jack's right. Behind doesn't work either.

But the angles are very generous. I'd agree with that whole 270 degree circle that Jack mentioned.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Well, considering if they were behind you, they would only see your back, this would be a bad angle for most close up effects :D

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
so far, i have had no bad angles...(noone behind me or underneath me) ...but ill try to do it for a crowd of people with some1 behind me, and see if i can hide it...ill let you know how it goes!

yeah so far underneath is the only bad angle i can think of!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results