Digital Dissolve (My First Review)

Name: Digital Dissolve
By: BJ Bueno
Teaching: Dan White
Length: 27 Minutes

Simple + Direct + Elemental = Pure Magic​

A half dollar is placed into a spectator's closed hand. You rest a copper English penny on the back of that same hand, and the copper coin visually changes into the half dollar. The coin is immediately shown on both sides. The spectator opens their hand to find the English penny. Both coins can be fully examined, immediately.

What you get: The DVD, the special Gimmicks you need to perform this, Gimmick case with ultra-special tissue. :D (Every thing you need to perform this come with your purchase).

The DVD

The Effect: Dan talks about the effect and the creator. Not much really.

Performances: We get to see a live performance of the trick to a group of about five people. Also we get to see/hear Dan's trick that leads into this effect. This is very helpful chapter as you can see what the trick is supposed to look like and also hear the patter Dan uses when hes doing the effect.

Explanation: Dan takes you through the gimmicks and gives another performance. The performance this time is a version you can do without the spectator holding the coins, you do it just in your own hands. (This gets taught later)

The Core Move: Dan goes over the main gimmick again in more detail. He then goes over the core move you will need for the routine once you've mastered this then your pretty much sorted now. The move isn't that hard to pull off, and doesn't take that long until it looks smooth.

The Basic Routine: Dan goes over the routine we see in the performance. (But not the trick that leads into it.) The handling is very easy and you should have no trouble with it. Dan also goes over the clean up briefly as well, so you can hand the coins out.

The One Handed Toss:
Dan goes over another handling for the effect. This is the version you can do in your own hands (but can be done using the spectators hands). This is again, not too hard to do, I would say a little bit harder to do than the basic routine. It wont take that long to look smooth.

Final Thoughts: Dan gives his thoughts on the tricks, the people he wants to thanks, and where to find more information about him. Not really anything to help you with the effect.

BONUS!

The Name:
A great video about how the name came to be.

------------------------------

Overall Opinion: A good DVD, a little on the short side I think, although all your questions do get answered. Ive been working on this all day today ( Massive big storm, so had to stay inside). I think I got the basics down, I just need someone to practice on now. This is definitely a coin trick for the card guy. This is my first coin trick and I'm an all card guy, this has definitely got me into coins now as well. If your worried about getting this effect don't be, I can promise it wont disappoint, and if it does, no worries, you can return it within 30 days, no questions asked.

So, what are you waiting for?

Cheers, Tom

Check out my Blog, Panic Review Coming tomorrow! Twozwozer's Blog

Sep 16, 2007
Georgia
The guy that made the review said he was a card guy and the move isn't that hard to pull off, and doesn't take that long until it looks smooth.

So I would guess that it's pretty simple. Just guessing though.

:D

Sep 2, 2007
Im a Mentalist so i never do coins, but i was thinking on buying it...but i wat ot know is it HARD?, cuase i realy, realy such at coins?........

No, it's not hard at all.

In my opinion, it as easy to operate as the invisible deck. It's a great trick for those who are new to coin magic, but although it's easy, it's just as hard-hitting as it looks in the trailer. You should have no trouble with it -- there's a core move that's required, which isn't that hard, there aren't many difficult coin sleights, and everything you need to know is taught well by Dan White in the DVD.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
JTM

This is my first coin trick, Every thing I own is just cards, until now. The main moves you need are the Core Move, and another bacis coin move (Although that is 100% needed). Its honestly quite simple, all you need is practise to get it smooth, highly recommended.

Cheers, Tom

Oct 17, 2007
what gimmick does it use: copper/silver, or sun/moon or both or is there a difference. I just want to get a walking liberty half instead of a kennedy half if I wanted to routine it, but I've only used silver coins for all my life (besides some East African Dimes!!:cool:) Anyway, I hope someone can let me know, if they feel like it would be giving it away, then if someone could pm me... or something...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results