Distortion Vs. Moving Point Question

Sep 2, 2007
When it comes to the Distortion gimmick....

Is it different than the Moving Point gimmick?
I would love to know.

-Jacob

Sep 2, 2007
So its not even better for close up settings?

Hmmm, I think I would rather get Moving point.

If they are the same...
I guess we will have to see what the price of a single gimmick is from T11.

-Jacob

The little instruction sheet that comes with the Moving Point gimmick describes a different trick than the Distortion DVD. 'Distortion' is Wayne Houchin's original, personal routine with the gimmick (again, Distortion gimmick = Moving Point gimmick).

The difference is the quality of the teaching and the quality of the routine. I was looking at Moving Point before I bought Distortion and I eventually decided that even though the gimmicks were the same, Wayne Houchin's routine and Michael Ammar's routine (Mr. Ammar has his own routine with the gimmick too, and they are both taught on the Distortion DVD) would be better than whatever half-ass trick was taught with the purchase of Moving Point. Wayne also gives some GREAT tips on the proper use and care of the gimmick.

So I'm happy that I went with Distortion, instead of Moving Point.

Sep 2, 2007
So its not even better for close up settings?

Hmmm, I think I would rather get Moving point.

If they are the same...
I guess we will have to see what the price of a single gimmick is from T11.

-Jacob

I'm pretty sure that I'm not mistaken, but I don't think you can buy the single gimmick unless you already have bought the DVD for Distortion, as the single gimmicks that will be sold serve as replacements for the one that is given with the DVD.

Cheers,
JTM

Allright, I see the option to order the Red/Blue Gimmick + DVD, but what about just the gimmick for those that bought an advanced copy and need a replacement?

EDIT: If you have already purchased Distortion & would like an additional gimmick, they are available for $9.95. If you would like one, submit a support ticket & let our guys know.

The short answer: No.
The long answer: Nnnnnnnooooooooooo

hahaha, thanks... or should I say thaaaaaaaaanks...

Also, I just went through 4 pages of reviews (and a search) and cannot find a complete explanation of Magically Yours and or Visually Distorted... they are just briefly mentioned... I'm getting it anyway but i'd love to know what these look like. Has anyone posted a review or something with either of these in there?

Thanks,
Sharp

Last edited by a moderator:
Distortion uses the age-old Moving Pips gimmick. Nothing new there.

Ans Visually Yours goes like...Your spec chooses a card. It is lost back into the pack. The magician attempts to search through the deck and locate the chosen card. The magician makes his choice on the 4 of Diamonds, and the spectator tells him that he is in fact incorrect - their card wasn't the 4oD. You know the rest :p

And Visual Distortion is a mix between Distortion and Visually Yours. I didn't bother learning it, because Distortion is my favorite out of the 3, so I've got NO idea what it goes like.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results