DnD:|One Full Night|&|My Take On Them|

|The Videos|

Hy guys.Let me tell you more about the project itself and the videos.(Those who do not want to read this ENTIRE thing just jump at the end where the links are given,though I suggest you read this cause' it contains information about the videos).

First of all,I am going to throw this at you.These videos we're not made artistically.They are straight up,in your face magic.I have taken example from how the "Andthensome" moves are showcased.They just move from one to another,with no fancy editing nor music in the background(so that's exactly how I did it).

Now let me talk about both the videos ,and I am going to try and keep this short.A lot of people and magicians say that in order for you to master a move and do it well,you have to spend days/weeks/months or even years practicing it so...I was thinking:"How much material can I learn In an entire day of practice(24Hrs straight)and how well can i perform them?".I'm not saying that the previous statement isn't true.Yes ,for a move to be mastered days,weeks or even more are required of practice.But that doesn't mean you can't try and have it down in one day :D.

When I got the idea down I next thought about the artist I should pick .I remembered I've bought the "Andthensome" DvD but never did look over the moves so I picked that one.Then I remembered that this is a sequel to the Trilogy...a DvD I do not own BUT,thanks to XcmNear,who uploaded all the performances from the DvD on youtube,I was able to watch the material and figure it out(some of them).Before this I also wanted to do a "My Take On:Dan and Dave" video,where I would present my methods of doing some of their tricks and sleights.In the end I said that after I learn the moves from the DvD,on that road I will also try and come up with some variations.

So that was the basic info.The project started Thursday at 5PM and ended Friday at 10PM.If you cut down from this period the time I slept(4Hrs),ate,chilled and went to the bathroom you get to 22+Hrs(so It's almost a day of practice).

The idea of this entire thing,is to show that with patience,commitment,hard work and having fun,you can do some things that others think are impossible.

|Tips and Advices|:

If you plan on doing something like I did,you have to remember some stuff(I am sharing this from my own experience)

1. Before starting the project,eat a LOT so that you won't be hungry for the next 8-10 hours.
2. Always have something to eat near(a snack,biscuits or smth).If you want to wipe out that "hungry" feeling.
3. Drink Lots of liquid(only water).
4. Never do the "G.O.T.E Change" for 1-2 Hrs.You won't feel your pinky nor your right thumb(because of the snapping).So switch between the Shepherd CHange and this one.
5. Never stay too much standing or too much sited.Your feet will hurt anyways,but it'll erase a little pain ,and if you sit too much,you won't feel your ass for awhile.
6. When doing the "Dr 90210" use the left side of your middle finger.The move will be smoother and the cards won't split.
7. When doing the "Ginastaire Double",spin the card using your right hand 1st finger nail,It'll give a bigger spin and the cards won't split that often.
8. If you feel sleepy,try and laugh.Do like I did:I searched on Youtube:Chris Rock comedy and laughed while training.It helps a lot to remove the stress and the sleepiness.
9. Switch between deck of cards and wash your hands often in order to not destroy the decks.
10. Have some music in the background that will motivate you and cheer you up.(during the filming,as you will hear,I have listened to "The Creators ft. Phil da Agony - Kronkite" , "One Night Only - You and Me" and "Clara C & Sam Ock- Little Light".)

That being said I hope you enjoy both the videos.A lot of work has been put in both of them and,also don't forget to leave your opinion about the performances in the forum or on YouTube.Enjoy!^^

1. |One Full Night| - Dan and Dave Tricks performances

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs-SCAcgvRw

2. My Take On:|Dan and Dave| - My Methods of doing some of their tricks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ49UelRCsk

Also,I am sorry for some of my bad pattern.When I'm sleepy I stumble upon my words^^.And yes,I know,I have a weird accent.Try not to let that bother you :).

Cris.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
|The Videos|

Hy guys.Let me tell you more about the project itself and the videos.(Those who do not want to read this ENTIRE thing just jump at the end where the links are given,though I suggest you read this cause' it contains information about the videos).

First of all,I am going to throw this at you.These videos we're not made artistically.They are straight up,in your face magic.I have taken example from how the "Andthensome" moves are showcased.They just move from one to another,with no fancy editing nor music in the background(so that's exactly how I did it).

Now let me talk about both the videos ,and I am going to try and keep this short.A lot of people and magicians say that in order for you to master a move and do it well,you have to spend days/weeks/months or even years practicing it so...I was thinking:"How much material can I learn In an entire day of practice(24Hrs straight)and how well can i perform them?".I'm not saying that the previous statement isn't true.Yes ,for a move to be mastered days,weeks or even more are required of practice.But that doesn't mean you can't try and have it down in one day :D.

When I got the idea down I next thought about the artist I should pick .I remembered I've bought the "Andthensome" DvD but never did look over the moves so I picked that one.Then I remembered that this is a sequel to the Trilogy...a DvD I do not own BUT,thanks to XcmNear,who uploaded all the performances from the DvD on youtube,I was able to watch the material and figure it out(some of them).Before this I also wanted to do a "My Take On:Dan and Dave" video,where I would present my methods of doing some of their tricks and sleights.In the end I said that after I learn the moves from the DvD,on that road I will also try and come up with some variations.

So that was the basic info.The project started Thursday at 5PM and ended Friday at 10PM.If you cut down from this period the time I slept(4Hrs),ate,chilled and went to the bathroom you get to 22+Hrs(so It's almost a day of practice).

The idea of this entire thing,is to show that with patience,commitment,hard work and having fun,you can do some things that others think are impossible.

|Tips and Advices|:

If you plan on doing something like I did,you have to remember some stuff(I am sharing this from my own experience)

1. Before starting the project,eat a LOT so that you won't be hungry for the next 8-10 hours.
2. Always have something to eat near(a snack,biscuits or smth).If you want to wipe out that "hungry" feeling.
3. Drink Lots of liquid(only water).
4. Never do the "G.O.T.E Change" for 1-2 Hrs.You won't feel your pinky nor your right thumb(because of the snapping).So switch between the Shepherd CHange and this one.
5. Never stay too much standing or too much sited.Your feet will hurt anyways,but it'll erase a little pain ,and if you sit too much,you won't feel your ass for awhile.
6. When doing the "Dr 90210" use the left side of your middle finger.The move will be smoother and the cards won't split.
7. When doing the "Ginastaire Double",spin the card using your right hand 1st finger nail,It'll give a bigger spin and the cards won't split that often.
8. If you feel sleepy,try and laugh.Do like I did:I searched on Youtube:Chris Rock comedy and laughed while training.It helps a lot to remove the stress and the sleepiness.
9. Switch between deck of cards and wash your hands often in order to not destroy the decks.
10. Have some music in the background that will motivate you and cheer you up.(during the filming,as you will hear,I have listened to "The Creators ft. Phil da Agony - Kronkite" , "One Night Only - You and Me" and "Clara C & Sam Ock- Little Light".)

That being said I hope you enjoy both the videos.A lot of work has been put in both of them and,also don't forget to leave your opinion about the performances in the forum or on YouTube.Enjoy!^^

1. |One Full Night| - Dan and Dave Tricks performances

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs-SCAcgvRw

2. My Take On:|Dan and Dave| - My Methods of doing some of their tricks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ49UelRCsk

Also,I am sorry for some of my bad pattern.When I'm sleepy I stumble upon my words^^.And yes,I know,I have a weird accent.Try not to let that bother you :).

Cris.

Hi Cris,

Interesting project, and nice idea. Some friends of mine recently did a 24 hour standup gig. Don't know how they persevered, to be honest. So I like the idea behind the project. Was it successful? Well, sort of, in my opinion.

I think you did a great job. It sounds like you had fun, you've obviously had a good experience while you're at it too. I think that's good. But, you also wrote:

"A lot of people and magicians say that in order for you to master a move and do it well,you have to spend days/weeks/months or even years practicing it so...I was thinking:"How much material can I learn In an entire day of practice(24Hrs straight)and how well can i perform them?".I'm not saying that the previous statement isn't true.Yes ,for a move to be mastered days,weeks or even more are required of practice.But that doesn't mean you can't try and have it down in one day :D."

Well, you can certainly try. But from this video, I think it's fair to conclude that it really isn't possible to master most moves in such a short amount of time. I think it's great that you attempted, and I even think you by and large did a pretty good job of it too. They were alright - but much was far from performance worthy. It's not that there were any shocking bits; but the little flashes, hesitations and fumbles make all the difference, especially in a cumulative sense.

Also... You're admitting to looking up videos on YouTube to figure tricks out? Hmm.

Well, I don't know how technically successful you have been. I suppose that it sounds like you had fun, and that after all should be the most important thing.

Thanks praetoritevong for taking the time to watch the videos and comment.Yeah,I know they're far from perfect,but this video was to show how much people can accomplish in a day if they want.Also, I think you misunderstood a little the YouTube thing^^.If you check XcmNears' video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEeYh8iRB2s you can see there are only the performances from the DvD,no reveal.So I just kept watching the performances to figure the tricks out^^. Also do you imagine if instead of practicing all the moves I did,you practice only 2 or 3 and work every point out(just saying =) ).

Cris.

Jul 14, 2008
BCardician,

First of all, I am so impressed by your skills and the number of hours that you practise. Every time I look at your videos, I am seeing the third twin of the Bucks. I want to improve and practise more, so I will likely take your tips. Other than that, thanks for sharing the video. It just made my day up!

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I think your Tivo's were the most efficiently performed =).

You have the workings of a fine technician.

To be honest though, I wish you would have chosen work from someone like Ed Marlo, Larry Jennings, Harry Lorayne, etc... for your 24 hour project, as the material is less 'flourishy' and more 'magical' in my opinion.

Hahah^^..thx a lot SKSleighofHand.

tokyoUW,well I know what you mean but I thought I'd take a modern magician and then a classic one(which will definitely be Ed Marlo :D ).So just wait ^^. I'm glad you liked my idea :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results