Do I have to give a video to submit a trick?

Sep 14, 2007
and another question about submitting a trick do u have to send a video??? cos i didn't :(

thanks

nickmagic

Sep 1, 2007
Philippines
I doubt it's neccesary. However, there is an advatage with sending a video because they actually get to SEE it. Reading about an effect isn't really that enjoyable.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I would imagine as long as it can be recreated by the reader in the same detail based on how you worded the effect then it would be considered. If you simply put in a few blurbs about the plot without the method then I imagine it will find its way to the recycle bin.

--Jim

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
I doubt it's neccesary. However, there is an advatage with sending a video because they actually get to SEE it. Reading about an effect isn't really that enjoyable.
He hit the nail on the head.

Although a video isn't necessary, we do tend to -- naturally -- give video submissions more attention. It helps us see how the effect plays out for an actual audience. Even a crappy web cam video is better than no video at all.

Hope this helps!

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
im interested in sending in 2 tricks of mine

the only decent video camera i have is my umm..camera, which can take MAYBE a 5 minute video

i have a webcam which isnt that great of a picture, plus its stationary..

what im trying to say is, is it ok if i send a trick in that i did by myself (not me doing a performance to actual people)

as i can only take 1 video at a time...dont wanna waste my time/batteries doing that incase something happens to go wrong...as on my own ill have more control

Sep 2, 2007
what im trying to say is, is it ok if i send a trick in that i did by myself (not me doing a performance to actual people)

I'm sure it's okay that you send in a trick that you "did by yourself" and not in front of a crowd. However, it would be better if you performed it, pretending that the camera is a spectator and then perform it as if you were performing it to a person, rather than "Oh, here's my trick: it disappeared la-la-la-la-la" :D. Make theory11 your crowd and perform it for them.

Cheers,
JMT

Sep 1, 2007
Philippines
im interested in sending in 2 tricks of mine

the only decent video camera i have is my umm..camera, which can take MAYBE a 5 minute video

i have a webcam which isnt that great of a picture, plus its stationary..

as i can only take 1 video at a time...dont wanna waste my time/batteries doing that incase something happens to go wrong...as on my own ill have more control
Well you probrably don't have much of a choice since it's difficult to record a performance in front of other people in such a limited time. You never know what they might do to stall the effect. However, by submitting a video with an audience, the people who will be reviewing your effect will get to see how an audience would react to such a trick. In other words, the impact level would be shown.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results