Do We Need Another Black Deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2008
This thread probably started because of me and all i was trying to do was make a trick like autograph except better because it goes from white face card to black faced card. i was grounded one day and looked thru my room and found an old black tiger deck and a red/black tiger double backed card. then i made a thread about what to do with a card like that so i came up with an idea for a way better version of autograph. It's not that i like black decks!I just thought it would be better, and fool magicians.

Nope. But we now know that your egostical......

May 3, 2008
First off I just think the issue of all the people bashing other users for posting a thread that's already been posted. Have you ever thought that maybe they want to bring the topic back up to get some more opinions. And so what if they start a new thread. I don't think the internet will run out of space any time soon.

And I think that if they actually printed cards in Theory 11 quality with black stock then that would be pretty cool. In the meantime, however, with all the fading of the ink I would say that we need more white decks.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
When he says black deck he means the back being black, and I think it would suck. I don't even want regular red or blue, how about teal, yellow, purple, green, dark blue, sky blue or anything creative for once...

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I agree with the general consensus about the whitening edges, it does indeed ruin the lasting appeal. Why aren't they printed in black stock?

Surely they can see the obvious lasting problem?

Although, I think we could have a new type of bicycle/tally-ho mass deck, not expensive, not amazingly obscene - just a different, fresh design - be it in yellow, black (with black stock) or...magenta.

G

Doesn't matter to me. Why the hell should it? Like many others, if it were on black stock, hell yes. The fact that the entire card is covered in black ink throws me though. That's the only reason I don't buy them anymore. I love the look, it's my style, but the fact that it wears off doesn't work for me. On the other hand, cards like The Guardians, perfect for me. But it's all personal preference.

I don't understand why this matters though. It's not like everything that comes out has to benefit every individual. If it's a new deck and you don't like it, don't buy it. It seems like a fairly simple concept. I'm not trying to be mean, I have no problem with creeper, i'm just expressing my opinion.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
We have no theory11-designed black decks in the works at the moment, so therefore I thought this discussion wasn't really in the spirit of advancing anything. I do like black and the majority would agree (it's a hard color not to like), but a bit of color will be on the horizon sometime this year. Decks are a personal preference, so enjoy as you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results