Do You Take Care Of Your Image?

Dec 5, 2007
I do think that it is important to look good and dress well on stage or where you performe but most important is to find a style and a look that suits you.

However, i think the magicians 24/7 thing is ridiculous. There is no need for dressing up when your not performing.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I do think that it is important to look good and dress well on stage or where you performe but most important is to find a style and a look that suits you.

However, i think the magicians 24/7 thing is ridiculous. There is no need for dressing up when your not performing.

I don´t think is ridiculous...but I think maybe you are right in some instances...

let´s say you have an style where you dress with a tuxedo in a show or maybe like silvester the jester....obviously you don´t go around dressed like in you show in the real life...

but I feel that other kind of styles can be used daily...my style can be used everyday and everytime and I always carry a deck of cards with me, also a loop and coins and rubberbands...

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
In regards to the whole "fat loser" thing - I think that only applies to people who don't try to lose weight. I try, and am living a healthier lifestyle now, and I'm vegetarian. Although I'm slightly larger than average, I'm healthier than a lot of people. Just pointing that out. But the image thing is a relevant topic, good thread.

Ian

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008

Again, it's a matter of how committed you are to the image. When I perform, I wear the same clothes I always wear, I just happen to dress kind of nice all the time. Steve Cohen I believe performs in a tux, but he wears nice suits day-to-day. He has to, he's the Millionaire's Magician. Seeing him in worn out jeans and an AC/DC t-shirt would shatter that image. Then, when he's back on stage, that image of him in grungy clothes would be there in the back of your mind.

To me image is all part of the illusion. I'm always in character, always the magician.

There is something meant to be said here.
It comes across here that Fat people are not acceptable.

A fine example is Gabriel Iglesias who is a stand up comedian who is FLUFFY.
What he said about the issue of being a performer and being thing or being a normal person and being ripped is the thing that: yes, you might live longer, but whats the point when all you see from day to day is weights and not enjoying the one life you have been given.

It all comes down to character and what YOU want. Some are more confident being heavy that being thin. So the issue is more of who you are as a person and how you come across, i mean not everyone you are good friends with are extremely beautiful people but you still share your life with them.

For me, i go running a few times a week but since i'm 190cm tall and weigh in at about 76 kilograms then i am a bit underweight. But i consider myself to be of average bodybuild.

Now what i was told, and what i've told for people when first getting into magic, was that magic is not something that you can throw into a corner, it slowly but steadily becomes you. Your lifestyle changes according to your magic and your magic gets closer to you when finally you can't live without it.

As i'm 16 years of age, i really can't stay away from the hip young, new age dress code but i try to mix in this'n that. Mixing formal clothes with nice t-shirts and jeans.

Depending on the gig i usually try to mix a little of my youth into my suit.
OgAAAJo-PlSYnC-gu3VrZsL0UaijmC1HtI8D61k2Ly_-Y6V9RVADy4zWw2zoxHkVh1AadEzcdG9xQVtmyUnIrA7qMqoAm1T1UO6Xz4Pevmh5DFBTxR4mpo__dFD6.jpg

This is something i usually do. A jacket, a white shirt, tie, jeans and you can't see them but i have a pair of semi-gloss shoes. This was a gig for young people and a few older ones were mixed in the mist. But not once anyone asked me about how i dress. (Although i dislike the belt i had on, at the time)

But it all comes down to your own character. I'm still young, and that shows in my character, like it or not but i have that young look on life. So dressing in a very formal suit would be against me. But when im greeted with a high end stage with say 400 people(this one had 200 and a semi-professional stage, good for close-up) i try to put on something better. But still some flare is in my dress. Black suit, with a purple tie(that includes a black shirt) or a gray suite with a dark pink shirt.(second one is still new and is untested)

What you wear should reflect who you are.

M.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results