Does anyone know any magic to perform over the radio?

Oct 9, 2007
Maybe the effect "Phone" taught in Prime Cuts could be done over the radio. It's designed to be done over the phone but I can't see why it can't be done over the radio. I havn't got it though, so someone else should confirm it really.

Oct 6, 2007
I'm pretty darn sure that someone on the forums has. I THINK its the guy who kicked of the MagicForDarfur (Sp?) thing. And, if I remember rightly, he did some mentalism stuff.

Cheers, Tom

The 'guy' you're talking about is Mitchell Sta....(sorry his name is hard to spell).

The trick wasn't over the radio. It was just a trick being shown in real life, while the process was being commented on the radio.

Most of them would really really tough psychological forcing, but if you could think of one it could work really well.

And no, i don't know any radio tricks.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I remember Banachek saying that when he did/does radio, he performs for the DJs and they describe the happenings to the listeners. So, I'm assuming that's what most, if not all, magicians/mentalists do.

The thing is though, you have to make sure the DJs are good and can describe things to their audience.

Sep 1, 2007
There is this one pretty cool card trick that can be done over the phone. David Blaine explains it in his book. He says that it's the trick that got him his first TV deal.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Mitchell Stafiej (staff-ee-ay) has indeed performed a radio piece, you can find it in one of his videos on the site somewhere. :)

Richard Osterlind also has a nice radio piece which you could do I believe.

- Sean

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
Mentalism is done much better then magic since mentalism plays on the spectators reaction and odds are they know, from listening to the guy on the radio a bit about his personality and will know he isnt a stooge or anything. Magic you kind of have to see. Radio Magic by banachek I heard was good as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results