Does it work?

Aug 31, 2007
hey eveyone!

i was just wondering, does the cross cut force actually work?

i have never used it, i always thought it was unpractical.

just wondering,

thnx

mikey

Jan 27, 2008
Yes, it does actually work and quite well.

Ellusionist is selling their new gaffed sharpie and the guy in the magician in the preview used that exact force for that effect.

..:Z:..

Dec 14, 2007
Yes, it does. However, you need to understand what is required to make it work. Few things in magic are truly self working. Attitude, timing, and appropriateness to the overall handling are things you need to consider. But in the right trick, with the right handling, it is can be as deceptive for laypeople as any other force.

Brad Henderson

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Of course it does. I did it today, and it went over great. I had a little trouble with a spectator simply cutting the deck, but it ended up fine.

Aug 31, 2007
ok thnx everyone. i will experiment soon!

bye

PS: for eveyone that is going to the witness parrty, c u therw!

Sep 2, 2007
California
PS: for eveyone that is going to the witness parrty, c u therw!

I think You mean the control party. lol- and yes to answer your question it is a great force, but usually not on its own. Misdirection (usually verbal) helps to direct the spectators mind away from the actual cut made, and towards the chosen card and the actual trick itself.

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
After reading this post, I threw a blue card into my red deck (3 of Diamonds), put the red 3 of Diamonds on top, and went off to test the Cross Cut Force (bearing in mind this is the first time I'd ever performed it).
And yeh, it works. Give the right amount of time between the cut and actually taking the card out, and it's as good as any force.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
i was just wondering, does the cross cut force actually work?

Yes, it does.

Try this one: while talking to your spectator about whatever, go through the deck right in front of him and pick a card yourself. Stand there holding it and talk to your spectator for thirty seconds. Then hand him the card you selected, and talk for another thirty seconds. While you're talking, spread the cards into a nice big fan. Then pause, holding the fan horizontally and face down, and ask if he's sure that's the card he wants.

"Uh... yeah."

You will never, ever, ever wonder whether a force will work again - no matter how stupid it looks on paper.

Oct 27, 2007
Try this one: while talking to your spectator about whatever, go through the deck right in front of him and pick a card yourself. Stand there holding it and talk to your spectator for thirty seconds. Then hand him the card you selected, and talk for another thirty seconds. While you're talking, spread the cards into a nice big fan. Then pause, holding the fan horizontally and face down, and ask if he's sure that's the card he wants.

Will that really work?

D

Deleted member 2755

The force works. I've used it a few times to do ashes on arm. :)

-Doug

Aug 31, 2007
Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

Will that really work?

With the attention span some people have these days?................definitely not.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Yes, it does.

"Uh... yeah."

You will never, ever, ever wonder whether a force will work again - no matter how stupid it looks on paper.

I did that the other day! I had to try not to laugh because it actually worked! I was so amazed.

And yes, the cross-cut force works like a charm.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results