Don't you think it's about high time Theory11...

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
.. jumped on the PayPal bandwagon?? For those of us out there that are too young to get a credit card or just don't want a credit card, we're kind of stuck because we can't purchase anything without borrowing one.

I'm pretty sure there would be an increase in sales for the T11 team if they incorporated PayPal into their checkout.

I know this has been brought up before (http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=8135), but I just wanted to renew the idea. It's a bit of a hassle going through the above process.

thanks,
James.

D

Deleted member 2755

When making a suggestion like this, it would be best to do so through a support ticket rather than posting it on the public forum. ;)

-Doug

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Get a debit card... if you're too young to open your own bank account then have a parent co-sign. It's that simple.

I have a debit card and an account.. but that doesn't help when you need a credit card. I don't want a credit card. I just want it to be debited from my account.

It'd just be way more convenient if they just accepted PayPal to save hassles. If the PayPal plugin is the answer, then why does ANY website have a PayPal option?

Jan 13, 2008
Also, for those of you without credit cards, feel free to use a money order from a bank (you don't even need an account with the bank to get one). I've done that before, and it worked out beautifully. (Thank you again to the support staff--they made the whole ordeal so much easier on me)

If you would have checked the support area, you would have been exposed to the paypal plug-in and the other payment options.

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/general/NewPayPalPlugin-outside

This is the answer to your prayers. The Paypal plugin. With this, you can create a 'virtual' debit card that acts like a Mastercard and can be used at ANY site. The site reads it as a debit/credit card, and the balance is pulled right from your Paypal account. I've used it several times, and it is brilliant.

Definitely worth checking out.

thanks mang.. despite going against the point of this thread, i'll probably use this anyway.

Jan 19, 2008
Jan 13, 2008
That may be so, but when your options are limited, you go with what you can. If you think it sucks that badly, then get a cosigner so you can get a credit card. If that's too much work for you, just go get a money order (not sure how that's a lot of work, as it's just like buying something from a real-life store--you hand them money, they hand you the item (in this case, a money order), and off you go), and go through the proper process for making a purchase using a money order (which really isn't that difficult or time consuming...I have a busy schedule with university, but I still found the time to make such an order, and it wasn't stressful at all).

But meh, to each their own, I suppose.

As a side note: You could have easily made an order using a money order by now, from the time it was first suggested. Yes, it's that easy. :)

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
@ stoneface.. very good point; i'm in australia so that plugin doesn't help me at all then.

@ cm763.. it's much safer to use paypal - they have records and it's digital. money orders can get lost, and it would take a long time for it to get there and clear literally because of geographical location.

there is no doubt that it would just be more convenient and would make accessibility improved if there was just a paypal option. i can't buy things that i want to buy from T11, simply because they don't have that option. they're missing out on easy money.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/general/NewPayPalPlugin-outside

This is the answer to your prayers. The Paypal plugin. With this, you can create a 'virtual' debit card that acts like a Mastercard and can be used at ANY site. The site reads it as a debit/credit card, and the balance is pulled right from your Paypal account. I've used it several times, and it is brilliant.

Definitely worth checking out.
Monark hit the nail on the head. Check it: http://financialsoft.about.com/od/onlinesoftware/p/PayPal_PlugIn.htm

Hope this helps.

Jan 13, 2008
@ cm763.. it's much safer to use paypal - they have records and it's digital. money orders can get lost, and it would take a long time for it to get there and clear literally because of geographical location.
They have a record of what you order with Theory11 (you're supposed to go through support--they set everything up for you, similar to ordering with a credit card, except they don't actually ship it until the money order arrives).

Also, your bank should have some security options when it comes to the money order. Mine did, anyway. So if it doesn't, try another bank.

And the "long" time it took my money order to get there (from Canada) was less than a business week. If that's too long for you, maybe you should stick to the brick and mortar shops. o_O

It's safe, secure, and quick. Not quite as quick as a credit card or paypal order, but it's still quite decent. And when neither of the quicker options are available, it's definitely a good option...maybe it's just me, though. Either way, I'm enjoying my brick of red split spades, brick of black split spades, brick of smoke, and brick of mirrors, all of which took a total of two and a half weeks to get, so it's no loss to me. :)

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
well.. it won't even let me get to the page where i can download the plugin.. i click the 'learn more' button and it links to an 'error page'.

so seems like the plugin's a no-go.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results