Door-To-Door On All Hallows Eve =]

haha, For anyone who doesn't know All Hallows Eve is Halloween..

Whether we want to admit it or not (Where did '07 go??) halloween in just thirty days away. Some of the members here, I'm sure, still go trick-or-treating. I am 14 and don't go anymore but I was wondering what tips or thoughts people had on performing something quick and visual for people while going door to door. I thought some people could get some use out of it.

My thought it stuff like a card float or D'lites or something of the sort.

Also, for people who have kids coming to their door, flash paper and a dove pan to produce candy is always a killer ;)

Sharp

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I'm 16 and going. Come on, it's free candy and you get to dress up in cool costumes, what's NOT to love??

I would recomend playing off of the whole spooky/creepy vibe. Tricks that draw off of that whole vibe, such as Third Degre Burn/Pyro Perception, Disintegration, Zoran's Horror Cutter, a Haunted Deck would all seem to go well.
Penguin Magic has a "Haunted Magic" section, there's some good effects in there.
I would recomend just doing some research, look for dvd's, effects and books that you thing would be good for this perfect season for magic.

Aug 31, 2007
I need to figure out a good way of doing the Head-Drop, it looks like a killer effect. I may go out...who knows. I will be doing some tricks though. ;)

.:p54

im 20
no going out for me
but that head drop is a great idea for a halloween party

Thanks, I've thought about doing this for a long time, I'll get my aunt to help me (she's amazing at sewing and making costumes) and I'm sure we could fabricate a gimmick that I could wear running from cops, and hanging around in hahaha.

I mean, trick-or-treating....yeah...

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Yeah I have a rehearsal Halloween night! Can you believe that? I was really psyched about going out and performing Haunted Deck and DisTortion for those little kids.
dM

Sep 25, 2007
www.myspace.com
Duno if anyone mentioned this but THE perfect trick for halloween is nothing other than the haunted deck, be it the gimmick version or the version taught on the daniel garcia project vol 2

that be perfect i think

Chay

I *think* i'll be at a fall festival with my Best Friend.. or so i'm hoping. I'll be Joey Jordison from SlipKnoT this year so magic may be a little difficult... haha I plan on having some stuff with me though just in case (business cards in hand haha).

Sharp

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
I ever got this. Not Halloween, doing magic for people at their door.

Now something that makes sense, and blends right in with your costume/the atmosphere, like Shrinker, or the head drop, or a knife gag, sure, but bothering people with any kind of performance always seemed a little full of one's self.

Not that your magic isn't good, but what makes you think some random person handing out candy will want to see it? Although people enjoy handling out candy on Halloween, as well s trick or treating, THAT is what they are there to do. I find it presumptuous and rude to start doing magic for them.

Again, something that plays more like an extension of the costume and atmosphere, that is quick and visual, sure, but don't be swallowing razor blades and such.

Also, for kids coming to your door, sure vanish a candy or two when handing it to them, but again, they just want to get their candy and move to the next house for more. Unless, again, it is something in line with, like, a haunted house you set up in your front lawn for kids, it just seems forced and out of place to do anything more.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Also, an acytual show is something completely different. I was talking about random magic on people at their homes and or for the kids Trick or Treating.

Then again, you do have the perfect lead in line, "TRICK, or treat?"

Or for door to door, "thanks for the treat, now here's a trick." But even then, still, something quick and fitting, no mini shows.

Glenn has a good point, and I agree in a sense but look at it this way. Someone is at the mall to shop and you ask to show them a trick, they say yes and bam you do something amazing... Its no different for door to door. Just ask first..

Sharp

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results