Dove Magic Please

Aug 19, 2009
hey guys!i finally found the kind of stage magic i want to perform. DOVE maagic...i always love animals and i think doves would be so cute to have around.. :) uhm i need a few help tips though..anyone got an idea on designs for a tailcoat?there are no magic shops in the place i live in, and there certainly aren't any dove magicians around i can borrow a tailcoat from and im pretty much sure there arent magic shops in the neighboring cities that sell tailcoats and other dove props. does anyone have a good design on tailcoats and their pockets?i'm planning to haveone custom made from the local tailor here.also do you think i can custom make the other props?like the dove pockets and dove holders?whattabout the dove harnesses?i'd certainly appreciate some help here.any links to other forums that might talk about doves and dove care?its hard to do magic here in the provinces of the philippines coz resources are limited so i think i'd try to get everything custom made to whatever resources here available :) so yea that's about it.thanks a bunch guys...much thanks to praetoritevong for his help in my other thread "stage magic please" thanks dude...

dRew:daRk

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Not many people here do any dove magic. I will say to get a book on dove magic. That will help a lot and a tip given to me by a guy who used them when he worked at the Branson amusement park is to treat doves like a PROP and not a pet. They are a WELL CARED FOR prop.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
hey guys!i finally found the kind of stage magic i want to perform. DOVE maagic...i always love animals and i think doves would be so cute to have around.. :) uhm i need a few help tips though..anyone got an idea on designs for a tailcoat?there are no magic shops in the place i live in, and there certainly aren't any dove magicians around i can borrow a tailcoat from and im pretty much sure there arent magic shops in the neighboring cities that sell tailcoats and other dove props. does anyone have a good design on tailcoats and their pockets?i'm planning to haveone custom made from the local tailor here.also do you think i can custom make the other props?like the dove pockets and dove holders?whattabout the dove harnesses?i'd certainly appreciate some help here.any links to other forums that might talk about doves and dove care?its hard to do magic here in the provinces of the philippines coz resources are limited so i think i'd try to get everything custom made to whatever resources here available :) so yea that's about it.thanks a bunch guys...much thanks to praetoritevong for his help in my other thread "stage magic please" thanks dude...

Theres a guy I know whos big into dove magic and who could prob help you. If your interested i will pm you how to contact him.

Mike

Aug 19, 2009
@uncleming wow thanks dude please do pm me,ineed as much help as i can get..thanks a bunch...

@bentley awww that seems so unright,i'd rather care for a dove as a pet..or more so a partner..i love animals too much to consider them as a tool for an effect..they are my partners in the effect..hope you see my view in this :)..

dRew

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
@uncleming wow thanks dude please do pm me,ineed as much help as i can get..thanks a bunch...

@bentley awww that seems so unright,i'd rather care for a dove as a pet..or more so a partner..i love animals too much to consider them as a tool for an effect..they are my partners in the effect..hope you see my view in this :)..

dRew

I'm the same way BUT I see where he is coming from. He means don't treat them as a pet and get TOO attached and it's easier to train but either way I love watching dove acts and hope for the best.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
I want to start doing some dove magic...this thread is also useful for me..

Same... Anyone know where to get actual DOVES? I know you can order dove props like holders, etc at Tannen's online store, and many other places... But I really have no idea where to get doves...

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Same... Anyone know where to get actual DOVES? I know you can order dove props like holders, etc at Tannen's online store, and many other places... But I really have no idea where to get doves...

go to any public place, usually a very open place and start throwing seeds around...wait until some doves get around

then get a net and try to catch them...good luck!!

Sep 3, 2007
Dove magic is not easy. My brother tried it by raising a couple of Doves and they didn't do what they were supposed to. So, take care.

Aug 19, 2009

dude,u can try pet shops or bird farms near your place or ask a wedding planner where they get their doves :)

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I would suggest first learning all the production with rubber fake doves. because getting the actual bird is going to take A HELLUVA a lot money and time. With the rubber ones you won't have to spend a ton of money on taking care of them and etc.

I think there is a book that a few websites have that goes over Dove Magic, but I do have a better idea. See if you can find somebody who is willing to spend the time to teach you. Dove Magic is pretty much completely different than Coin or Card magic and is going to be a whole different ball park.

Jun 6, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Come Out Flying by Frances Marshall. This actually goes into detail about the care and handling of doves.

TV Dove Classics by Kork Kirkham this teaches you a lot of effects.

That's all I can think of. There is one by Tony Clark as well but I can't remember the name of it. The two I mentioned above should keep you busy for a bit and gain some insight on dove magic. Hope this helps.

Aug 19, 2009
@nico thanks dude, ima look for those you mentioned.

uhm. ima practice soon...maybe give me 3 weeks then ima post a video, please watch it :) thanks for the support..and please keep helping coz i know there are a lot more who want to learn dove magic :) lets keep this thread alive :)

Jun 6, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

uhm. ima practice soon...maybe give me 3 weeks then ima post a video, please watch it :) thanks for the support..and please keep helping coz i know there are a lot more who want to learn dove magic :) lets keep this thread alive :)
You're welcome. My friend is into dove magic. Those little guys are high maintenance. So, good luck :) can't wait for the video.

Sep 3, 2007

Good luck with your birds. They tend to crap everywhere and hate their owners.

dan sperry is the guy you want to talk with he can shape you up when it comes to dove magic....the guy is gold...

i think he even sales fake doves.....electronic or something like that...

also watch some lance burton dove magic.....wow...

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Make sure you are really serious about Dove Magic before you get yourself into it. We had 3 guys so far in our ring give up after a year because of the maintenance and caring for the doves...the stench..the noise..and tons of CRAP..(literally).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results