Draven Reflects upon the Wire.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
As for videos with advice on misdirection, performance, patter creating, and so on; what makes that person qualified to teach that? Unless they have a resume, such as Draven or Prace, how do we know that what they say has been proven through real world experiences? Will T11 filter through those to determine who has the background and knowledge to teach something? Otherwise we have a flood of people trying to sell their own philosophies on the same thing.
Jacob

I don't think you can teach things like misdirection or patter creating in a video. While they are good ideas in THEORY. The problem with trying to teach them in a video or book is that misdirection works completely different for pretty much everybody. The same goes for patter creating or scripting. If Will was to put out a PDF on it, he would have a ton of people copying his style word for word.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I don't think you can teach things like misdirection or patter creating in a video. While they are good ideas in THEORY. The problem with trying to teach them in a video or book is that misdirection works completely different for pretty much everybody. The same goes for patter creating or scripting. If Will was to put out a PDF on it, he would have a ton of people copying his style word for word.

I agree with you that misdirection works different for everyone, but I disagree that it cannot be thought. While everyone should develop their own style, there are some basics that can be thought about body language, tension and relaxation, action and reaction, focus and off beat etc. And it can be thought on a video pretty good using live people to demonstrate. No body was born with a knowledge, everything can be learned.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results