attachment.php

Title: Digital Disolve
Performed & Taught by: Dan White
Artist: BJ Bueno & Steve Dusheck
Producers: Theory11
Link: http://www.theory11.com/tricks/digital-dissolve.php
Retail Price: $44.95
Learning Difficulty: Easy
Notes: Unlike the previous version, this gimmick is made by Schoolcraft.
Features:
• Play All
• The Name
• Steve Dusheck’s Original Handling Manuscript in PDF format
• Scene Selections
◦ Opening
◦ The Effect
◦ Performance
◦ Explanation
◦ Core Move
◦ Basic Routine
◦ One Hand Toss
◦ Final Thoughts
◦ End Credits

A silver coin is placed into the spectators hand, a copper coin rests on the back of their closed fist, and visually, stunningly, and immediately the coins change places, which can then be handed out for immediate inspection! The effect resets in seconds, and can be performed again. This is Digital Dissolve.

Before I get into the review let me just go ahead and say this for any of you people that may be on the fence about this product. This is a Jamie Schoolcraft gimmick for under $50 bucks. Period. That in itself should be the entire review. Do you honestly need any more reason to buy this product? But since I don’t do one sentence reviews I’ll go on. Digital Dissolve is a very visual bit of coin magic that takes the classic copper silver plot, and streamlines it. The original gimmick was created by BJ Bueno, and Steve Dusheck. While I wasn’t around to handle the original gimmick, I’ve spoken with a lot of people who have said that this version is hands down better than the previous. You’ll have to take that second hand information for what it’s worth to you. The DVD is produced by Theory11 and taught by Theory11 artist Dan White.

Dan does a great job teaching the effect. There really isn’t much to say about this, as the tutorial is very complete. Dan breaks it down, and teaches you step by step what you’ll need to know to perform this effect with ease. He also teaches an alternative move credited to Aaron Fisher, and Lee Asher which allows you to toss the copper coin from one hand to the other before handing it out to be held.

At the close of the DVD Theory11 credits Steve Dusheck and covers the history of Digital Dissolve, which was a nice touch.
The name section of the DVD simply explains how the product got its name Digital Dissolve. This apparently involved a paper-rock-scissors contest between Theory11 CEO Jonathan Bayme, and Theory11 artist and instructor Dan White. It was curious to say the least.

The Gimmick is well built, as I would expect from a Schoolcraft coin, but I wish it would lock. Sadly it doesn’t, which requires a bit of finesse while handling to prevent accidental exposure. It’s nothing that a few hours in front of a mirror can’t fix.

Overall I’m very satisfied with the product. It’s a very visual transposition, it’s a great gimmick, the DVD is well taught, and fairly priced, and it’s a Schoolcraft coin! This is easily one of those effects you can (and should) carry with you at all times. You can’t go wrong with this one!

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Over all Quality.

Product Quality: 8
I think the product quality is great, and the price is very reasonable.

Teaching Quality: 7
Dan can be a bit dry, but he’s complete in his teaching. You don’t feel like anything was left out.

Video & Sound Quality: 8
The sound and video quality are both excellent. Theory11 really has been stepping up the production quality, and it shows.

Over All Quality: 8
Digital Dissolve takes home not only a solid 8 on the Draven scale, but also the Draven Seal of Approval. This product is certainly one you should own, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for something that is portable, visual, and stunning. Well done Theory11!

Aug 6, 2008
I bought this and Im a little dissapointed. Its not because of the gimmick. In fact I've never had a Jamie Schoolcraft coin other than this to compare it too. The gimmick works fine. I hope this is not revealing but... The actual english penny has some sort of blotch on it than the gimmick? which lets you know that the coin was not the one started with...

BTW- the trick itself is great.

Jun 29, 2009
Draven, fantastic review! I purchased this 2 weeks ago and have a little time with it under my belt. The trick is unbelievably easy to do and the reactions are in awe. One thing I do with the handling: I have the spectator/participant count to three then squeeze their hand tight as the coin is transformed. They can almost feel something happening. One girl said "I felt it go through my hand- how the hell??"
being mainly a card guy, this quick coin trick is great to break up my card routines

yoman125

Elite Member
Dec 20, 2010
Jakarta+Singapore
A very detailed and fantastic review. I do not own this, but if you notice carefully in the Digital Dissolve Page(the photo section). I think you can see the gimmick. EDIT: Lost interest in the product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results