Includes:

• Instructional DVD
  • Things Needed for Gimmick Construction

Features:

• Play All
  • Menu
  • SandsMinds Products
  • Credits

The mad creative mind of Nicholas Lawrence from SandsMinds Magic is back at it again with another visual change that is a great opener to your close up act. You remove a single bill from your wallet, and then visually, instantly, and in your hands transform it into a real deck of cards. You pull the cards from the card box and instantly go into your close up routine. It all happens in a Split Second.

There’s a considerable amount of construction work that needs to be done for what would otherwise be about 10 seconds worth of performance time for an effect that is really nothing more than a segue into your normal standup routine. That is to say you’re going to need to break out your arts and crafts supplies because while they supply you with the necessary items required to make your gimmick sadly you’re on your own to construct it. And if you’ve been reading my reviews for any length of time you know I absolutely hate building things because I suck at it, and I’m probably the last person you want to trust with a sharp object like hobby knives or scissors.

Once you’ve built your gimmick though it works pretty smoothly. It should be durable enough to last you quite a long time, and if need be it’s fairly easy enough to make another. Split Second doesn’t eat up a lot of pocket room, I keep mine in my back pocket with my billfold, and that’s going to be important to performing it. You need to have a flip style wallet because it helps you hide the gimmick while you are getting into position to perform it. It’s an opener piece only unless you do the alternative handling in which you produce a packet of gum, which in that case it can pretty much serve as anything from a one off to a set piece anywhere within your act. I find that it’s pretty practical for street and close up performances, great for strolling, and resets damn near instantly. You’ve got minimal angle issues, and while you don’t want to be surrounded while you perform it, under most standard working conditions you’ll be just fine.

Overall it’s a great way to get into your card routines, and I think it’s a great visual way to magically introduce yourself as the evenings entertainer. Of course I’m also a fan of tricks that can be flexible in their application, and the ability to produce other items instead of cards like a pack of gum is a nice added bonus.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 7

Good quality gimmick, and will last a long time. Some assembly required.

Teaching Quality: 7

Well taught.

Video & Sound Quality: 8

Good sound and video.

Overall Quality: 7

A great quick visual opener to any close up magic routine. This is a great way to get into your card magic, or even as a one off with the alternative production handling. Check it out!

Have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at draven@williamdraven.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results