Artist: Magic World Creative Team

Producers: World Magic Productions

Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer

Demo Video Link:

Retail Price: $29.95

Learning Difficulty: Easy

Length of Video: 22 Minutes (Approx.)

Notes: Live TV and Recorded rights reserved by company

A visually stunning way to open your closeup act. You display a tic-tac box, remove a tic-tac and then visually and instantly transform it into a deck of playing cards. Alternatively, you could display a mini deck of cards and instantly transform them into a full deck as well. From the second I saw the trailer for this effect I was stunned. Haven’t seen the trailer yet? Go on. Watch it now. Link is above. I’ll wait.

Finished? Good. Now we can continue talking about this effect. What you get is two gimmicks, secret gimmick stuff in case you need to repair or make more, and a small sticker that has the online video instruction download link. One gimmick will allow you to transform a tic-tac box into a deck of cards, the other will transform a mini deck into a full-sized deck. The gimmicks are well made, should hold up for a long time, and have a nice spring to them. Only one the gimmicks comes premade and ready to go. I had to assemble the other myself. Took me two seconds. It wasn’t hard to do at all and most of the work on the construction was already done for me by the manufacturer. My only complaint is that my gimmick, despite how springy it is, doesn’t want to stay flush when it is in the shut position. It hangs open just a bit and I’m not entirely sure I like that. I suppose I can cover that up with handling during performance or maybe by adding a small disk magnet. I don’t want you to think this is a huge strike against the product though, it really isn’t. I’m nit-picking because I’m writing a review.

The video is under a half hour and goes through performance, and construction. It teaches the routines very well, and I enjoyed watching the guys from Magic World Creative Team explain what to do. The change is very easy to do, you’ll be up and running within minutes. Practically no skill required. Just some audience management and angles you need to be aware of. The only thing about this trick that I’m not 100% crazy over, and it’s something I wish I would have known before buying it, was that this trick uses and relies upon Black Art. You must be wearing a black shirt, and or jacket to do this trick. That maybe something you’ll want to consider before making any knee jerk purchases. Fortunately for me most my wardrobe is black, but that maybe a sticking point for some people. The more you know, and knowing is half the battle. Cue retro 80’s PSA cartoon here.

Visually this is a beautiful trick. They were wise to withhold live TV and recorded rights. This is the kind of thing that is an instant and easy go to for camera work, especially if you’re doing news media. The change is instant, the dynamic between colors (white tic-tac box vs red playing card box) is very visual, and there is a striking size difference as well. A playing card deck is noticeably larger than a box of tic-tac’s, so for camera work this would be a gem. The reaction the audiences give is worth it. It’s a solid opener, and it’s one I very well maybe using myself at some point in the near future. I’m seeing a combined routine using Tac-Tic-Al to open into a playing card routine and then close with Rian Lehman’s ReBox after the routine is finished. For my review on Rian Lehman’s ReBox check my review blog out at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com or any of your favorite online magic forums.

Overall I really like the clean visuals Tac-Tic-Al offers. I’d say it’s Tac-Tic-Riffic! Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to leave before the lynch mob catches up with me for that horrible pun. Seriously, if you like visual magic, if you like card magic, and if you like organic magic, then you’re going to love Tac-Tic-Al.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 9

Price is good. Magic is very visual. Solid routine.

Teaching Quality: 9

Well taught, and the gimmick construction is easy. Most of the gimmick construction work is done for you.

Video & Sound Quality: 8

For an online video, solid sound and visuals.

Overall Quality: 9

A must have!

Do you have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at thewilliamdraven@gmail.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.

Reactions: Lindel
Oct 12, 2016
Utah
Just to confirm, once you've done the change you could immediately pull a deck of cards out of the card box and start another trick?

Just to confirm, once you've done the change you could immediately pull a deck of cards out of the card box and start another trick?

What you see in the video is accurate to the effect. You can immediately pull the cards out and go into a card routine. The tuck box will be gimmicked so you're probably not going to want to leave that sitting on the table though where anyone can grab it and examine it. -The cards though. Clean for a routine.

I'm not sure man. I don't have it but not sure about the high rating.
And that's where the difference between us lays. I have the effect. I'm holding it in my hand right now as I type this message. It's solid.

The downside:
In case you missed it in the review, the effect relies upon Black Art. Not heavily mind you, but it does rely on it. If you don't know what that is then you should probably do a little more research otherwise you're going to be in for a rude awakening when it arrives. You have to make some conscious decisions regarding what clothing you're wearing when you perform this trick.

Reactions: Lindel
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results