Draven Reviews: The Business By Ramanos

attachment.php

Title: The Business
Artist: Ramanos
Producers: Alakazam Magic UK
Link: http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=53031
Retail Price: $66.30
Learning Difficulty: Easy
Notes: You will need to supply your own business cards.
Run Time: 31 minutes

Features:
? Introduction
? A Closer Look
? Basic Handling
? An Idea Using The Color Cube
? An Idea Using Magicians Graphology
? Additional Ideas

Includes:
? The DVD
? The Gimmick
? Gimmick Storage Pouch
? Extra Card Holder

You have the spectator draw a picture on the back of your business card. She then puts it back into your card holder. You turn back around to face her, pick it up and put it away. You instantly know what she drew. There are no mirrors, no sleight of hand, and no escape. You just gave her The Business.

The Business is for all intents and purposes a utility prop. The DVD that comes with the product, while helpful, is mostly over kill. Once you realize what this product is, and how to make it work, then what to do with it will come natural to you. Ramanos gives you some cute ideas using a Rubik?s cube, or using The Business as a complementary method to use with Andy Nyman?s Graphology. While I won?t go into too many details about that think of it as a close up version of a drawing replication act that usually plays on larger stages.

The Business is a well built metallic card business card holder. The thing I love about it is that it gives you an excuse to use your business cards in a magic routine, thus handing them out to potential future clients in the process. No one even suspects that your card case is the key to your method. Unlike so many other magicians props this thing is so functional it evades suspicion.

I?ve been using The Business for a few weeks now when I?m out and about. Mostly I?ve been doing simple mind reading, or drawing duplication routines but the reactions I?ve been getting have been solid. The only real complaint that I have is that there is some very minor angle concerns. You don?t want to have people directly behind you if you can avoid it. But even then there are ways to cheat around that so it?s not that big of a deal.

Table Hoppers, close up artists, street magicians and anyone else that wants to give out a business card in a memorable way need to own The Business. Besides just being cleaver, it?s a fun and handy prop to play with.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 9
This is a great product. Useful, and flexible. It?ll fit into your pocket and you?ll never remove it.

Teaching Quality: 8
Good tutorial. Easy to learn and follow along with.

Video & Sound Quality: 8
The video quality is pretty solid. No real complaints here.

Overall Quality: 8
This is one hell of a useful little utility peek device. Like decks of cards, sharpie markers, and sponge balls, this thing belongs in your performance case.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results