• Instructional DVD
• Deck of Bicycle Playing Cards + Gimmicks
• Printed Instructions

Features:
• Play All
• Trailer
• Performance Tutorial
• Other Products

The Classifying deck is an interesting creation. The deck contains gimmick cards that allow you to cut off an exact amount of cards that you wish, and do so with absolute accuracy. You can also use the deck to quickly find and assemble either the four kings or the four aces. The deck can be examined by your spectators and they won’t find anything, and it can also be used for any other tricks that would require the use of a standard deck of cards. This is quite possibly one of the most versatile gaffed decks I’ve ever played with.

The DVD is pretty easy to follow along with, even with English subtitles, and the setup for the deck is mercifully simple. It’s going to take you a few minutes just handling the cards to get the idea of what it is the deck does, and how it does it, but once you’ve got that down this deck is just evil in what it can do. I imagine combining this deck with a memorized stack would enhance any Card At Any Number routine to the next level, let alone any other demonstration where you need to convince the audience that you have absolute mastery over the cards.

As advertised on the back of the box you can hand this deck out for inspection. I wouldn’t let the spectators riffle or shuffle it, but you can very fairly show all the cards as being different, with no doubles, or rough and smooth cards in play. I really like the idea that you could use this deck for any other card routine that would require you to use a standard deck of cards too. You could easily open with a demonstration of card counting, then cut out the aces, and then the kings, and then go into any other card material for the rest of your close up set. It’s practically an act onto itself.

Close up workers are going to love the hell out of this deck. It’s perfect for card magic, and I imagine it will become a staple in many acts. It’s practical and pretty much self working. Sans the time you’ll spend getting the feel down for it. This isn’t going to be like all the other gimmick decks you buy. You know the ones I’m talking about. The ones where you buy it, use it once, and then toss it back into your magic drawer never to see the light of day again. You’re going to love the hell out of this deck. If you like card counting displays or convincing your audience that you have absolute mastery over playing cards, then this deck is for you.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 8
At thirty dollars the deck is a little more expensive than other gimmick decks on the market, but this one comes with a DVD and can be used for other standard card tricks so it’s worth it.

Teaching Quality: 6
The Spanish language with English subtitles is about as easy to understand as it’s going to get. Could I nickel and dime it here for ease and comfort? Probably. But did I learn how to set my deck up, and use it? Yes. Mission accomplished.

Video & Sound Quality: 6
The video on the DVD isn’t exactly studio quality, but it works. The sound is good.

Overall Quality: 8
This is going to be something you’re going to use. I loved this deck, and now I just need to find a way to work it into my close up arsenal.

Have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at draven@williamdraven.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results